Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Good goal. He has been very good further up, in and around the penalty area especially. That being said, I think he has been quite sloppy deeper in the midfield. I think Tim has been the stand out for England, intercepting and tackling very well. However, I do think Tim & Carney are above u19 football in all honesty.

Its an absolute pleasure to watch him in age limited football. He can show his style and brilliant technique.  But so far that hasnt translated into proper mens football.i hope it does for his sake whether he stays with us or not. He isnt stopping is the most obvious guess because he has had his head turned .  I guess it is whether Gerrard sacks him off this season  or continues to try and persuade him. I still think his representation announcing last November that he would not be signing a new contract 18 months before it was ending was the biggest dick move in the history of dick moves

10 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Good goal. He has been very good further up, in and around the penalty area especially. That being said, I think he has been quite sloppy deeper in the midfield. I think Tim has been the stand out for England, intercepting and tackling very well. However, I do think Tim & Carney are above u19 football in all honesty.

They really are. Tim and Aaron both need loans and regular game time in the championship next year. Not sure about Carney. I honestly feel a season in the Championship would be very, very beneficial for him but clearly the club doesn’t agree. 

@sir_gary_cahill

I can't remember the exact one, but he said it in one of the interviews he used to do for VillaTV before U23 games, it stuck in my memory as it surprised me as I always thought that Chukwuemeka had joined us later than as a ten year old.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful footwork to set up the 2nd goal. He is a genuine talent and it will be a huge shame if he moves on which is looking likely with this contract situation. Good strike from Devine too who is only 17 (youngest player in the U19s squad) and plays for Spurs.

Tim has had a very good game at holding midfield, he's even been compared to Franck Kessie!

22 minutes ago, Muriel said:

At least his price goes up...

Not when he leaves on a free it doesn't...

Still think this is about time, its on his side, his weekly wage value will be higher in September than it was in April 

I'm sure 22 year old kamara's wages are being brought up as we try to sign 18 year old chuk to a 5 year deal

Big summer for him at this tournament, a few more big name signings and the average squad wage goes up, everything is on his side bar an injury 

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’d be silly to sell him, he has a lot of potential 

If he has no intention of signing with us then its pointless developing him further. A shame but its 8 months since we offered him a contract and no nearer him signing.   Tim did the exact same thing by leaving Baggies for us. He was their shining light . We have always done incredibly well to keep hold of our best players in youth football, compared to our midlands rivals. 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If he has no intention of signing with us then its pointless developing him further. A shame but its 8 months since we offered him a contract and no nearer him signing.   Tim did the exact same thing by leaving Baggies for us. He was their shining light . We have always done incredibly well to keep hold of our best players in youth football, compared to our midlands rivals. 

We’ve developed him since he was a child, he’s shown his potential in this match. If we do let Chukwuemeka leave, we might regret it 

• Like 1

On 02/06/2022 at 11:16, AndyClarke said:

I really don't understand all of the negative comments on him as a player, he is outstanding at 18 and has every chance of being a top player.

Sour grapes? Expectations? I don't know but this would be a huge blow to lose the player but that opens the door to another one (of many) on the production line.

Sign the contract Carney and then perhaps we can talk about your good points rather than picking on everything you've not done.

Because many people don't have a clue.

If he, right now, isn't as good as a 28 year old PL player who play 50 games a season, or the very best in the world at his age like Bellingham, he's not good enough.

Â