Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Link not working. 

Oh ok, not sure how to change it. 

It’s on rising ballers insta page, interview from him and a Spurs player when they were at England. Just about academy football, hardest moments so far etc 

• Like 1

I wonder how Caleb's poor loan spell to Livingston has effected him. 

I mean brothers do talk and if Caleb has been complaining about being poorly treated at Livingston the wider thought process could be that Villa also made a poor choice. 

Maybe Villa can't be trusted for there futures now and Carney himself staying and going on loan himself is out the window. 

It's all just theory and spit balling but small mistakes can spiral into huge mistakes and young lads are easily influenced. 

Edited by KAZZAM
Fixed then right club lol.

14 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I wonder how Caleb's poor loan spell to Kilmarnock has effected him. 

I mean brothers do talk and if Caleb has been complaining about being poorly treated at Kilmarnock the wider thought process could be that Villa also made a poor choice. 

Maybe Villa can't be trusted for there futures now and Carney himself staying and going on loan himself is out the window. 

It's all just theory and spit balling but small mistakes can spiral into huge mistakes and young lads are easily influenced. 

He’s actually at Livingston and I think Carney already had aspirations to do a Bellingham, hence Villa signing Caleb hoping it may sway him.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That seems a bit of a far fetched reason mate.

I don't think it is. Also people's reasoning for anything is hardly ever a singular reason(so obviously not just this) our thought processes can be quite complex and influence/reasoning can come from all sorts. 

I'm just saying this could be one example of a negative view point of Villa he might have. 

I don't think how Caleb's loan has gone will have any bearing on Carney's thinking, that's just one loan that seemingly hasn't gone well, it's not as if we're going to send Carney to a club like Livingston, despite being younger he's a lot further along with his development than Caleb and will be playing at higher level than Scottish football next season, and there are other loans, probably more relevant to Chukwuemeka that have been successes, Kesler-Hayden, Barry, Ramsey; they're slightly older but also Archer and Philogene-Bidace before injury, could also add Davies.

Starting to lose hope that he will sign a contract, initially I thought he would wait until the summer and then sign and thought it was understandable that he'd wait as would make sense for him to first see if he was going to be used and given an indication that there's a pathway into the first team for him, but that was because I was expecting him to play a lot more than he has been, given the lack of game time he's been getting i could understand if he thought he was better off elsewhere, he's not just some random academy player that's being included in the matchday squads as a token gesture, he's one of the best academy players in the country, if we don't use him another team will.

It has crossed my mind that maybe he's been tapped up, as make no mistake about it he's a player that the top teams will be interested in, but I think it's more that he just wants to play football, if we give him some more minutes between now and the end of the season that would give me some hope that maybe he will sign a contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gregg Evans did an article recently where he brilliantly chronicled our young midfielders talking about their past and speculating what might be in store for them, I thought it was telling that Chukwuemeka wasn't included, maybe some might reason because he's considered a first team player now, but Iroegbunam was included amongst the youngsters and he's pretty much just a part of the first team squad as Chukwuemeka is at the moment.

I know people say Evans doesn't know anything, but he does seem to have the dope on what's going on with the academy.

Although it could be of course that he didn't include Chukwuemeka in the article because he was classing him more in a simialr catergory to Jacob Ramsey who also wasn't included.

He wants guarantees of playing time and he can't get those at Villa. Dortmund will give him that and have a great reputation for developing and selling players. City couldn't keep Sancho for example for the exact same reason. We'll get 8-10m and a sell on clause and move on. We've plenty of midfield youth talent at the club anyway

22 minutes ago, sne said:

He won't get guarantied playing time at Dortmund, or even Heerenveen

He won't get guarantees anywhere but he'll have a much better chance than he does at Villa. From our point of view we would sign him to a new deal and then loan him out for 2 years to see if he's any good. Obviously he's not interested in that and has already been tapped up. Given our season is over he would probably be playing most games now if he had signed a contract. 

Countiho has been a blocker for him. He was an option after Bunedia now Buendia is the option. 

I like what I see in him, we all want him to succeed. Hope he signs and I hope he plays.

I can’t see Chuk, Chrisene and Tim all playing at the same time on Saturday though. 

I'd let him go. 

He signed for 2.8years when he turned professional and had already been flirting with moving to Germany then. JPB was the same (best mates) but we hear very little from his camp even when he was looking more likely to make the step up than Carney in pre-season.

I'm sure Carney works super hard and doesn't deserve the bad rap. But his team, agent or family have been making noise for 3 years now and it's been pretty constant this season for a kid no fans outside of Villa have heard of.

I'd let him go if he doesn't want to be here, focus on those who do and hope we can make the most of them and he doesn't influence the likes of JPB any longer.

KKH signed for 5 years, Iroegbunam 5 years, JJ 5 years. Carney is right to fight for the best contract possible but the tidbits we hear are not that they are in negotiations, it's that he isn't signing a deal, or negotiations aren't happening. 

I also have reservations about a kid in midfield who is a bit more laboured, that's his natural game, he's a bit like Berbatov except in midfield. Great touch, highly talented. I'm not sure it flies in the Prem for a child just coming through. Iroegbunam was pressing, was more assured and looked stronger. Im sure Carney will have a very good career - but I actually think a couple years in Germany before coming back to the Prem probably does make sense for him and we can focus on players ready for the league, who want to be here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

KKH signed for 5 years, Iroegbunam 5 years, JJ 5 years. Carney is right to fight for the best contract possible but the tidbits we hear are not that they are in negotiations, it's that he isn't signing a deal, or negotiations aren't happening. 

I think it easier to get players to sign contracts when it is the team they support. JJ, Archer, Barry, KKH, etc. its their boyhood team. Not sure about Tim, but he is a local lad and has a connection to the area at least. 

Chuk, and JPB, aren't local. It becomes a more clinical decision for them IMO. They aren't swayed by the fact it's their childhood dream to play for us. They are just looking for the best opportunity. 

Thats my 2c worth anyway. Might be rubbish! 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think it easier to get players to sign contracts when it is the team they support. JJ, Archer, Barry, KKH, etc. its their boyhood team. Not sure about Tim, but he is a local lad and has a connection to the area at least. 

Chuk, and JPB, aren't local. It becomes a more clinical decision for them IMO. They aren't swayed by the fact it's their childhood dream to play for us. They are just looking for the best opportunity. 

Thats my 2c worth anyway. Might be rubbish! 

Is KKH a Villa fan then? I knew Barry and JJ were, KKH I dunno why I never assumed would be

Â