Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So are Sheffield United and Wolves a year ago. Yes staying up would be good but there was no law saying we couldn't push on to comfortable mid table which plenty of promoted sides are capable of.

I agree with you but neither of those got to League cup final 

This might be a bit ambitious, I was amazed when Stoke City signed him but would anyone take Xherdan Shaqiri from Liverpool? He wasn’t getting game at Liverpool before the CoronaVirus, he’s only played 6 games in the league all season in the Premier League scoring 1 goal. I think a lot of clubs would be in for him though but I think it’s worth a shot 

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This might be a bit ambitious, I was amazed when Stoke City signed him but would anyone take Xherdan Shaqiri from Liverpool? He wasn’t getting game at Liverpool before the CoronaVirus, he’s only played 6 games in the league all season in the Premier League scoring 1 goal. I think a lot of clubs would be in for him though but I think it’s worth a shot 

Add Shaqiri to the Ryan Fraser school of assholes. Downed tools at Stoke and a lot of the senior players came out and said he didnt bother. Another prick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So are Sheffield United and Wolves a year ago. Yes staying up would be good but there was no law saying we couldn't push on to comfortable mid table which plenty of promoted sides are capable of.

We had to make a lot of changes and unlike those two clubs, came up through the playoffs rather than automatically. Teams promoted from the play-off final, generally return from where they came, after just one season in the top flight. A better like for like comparison is Fulham (as has often been said). They were relegated in similar circumstances last season, to those that we faced in August.

That's why most of us had accepted at the start of the season, that safety was our realistic target. We haven't quite yet, failed to achieve that goal. I agree that there wasn't any law that we couldn't have finished mid table, but that would have been beyond what most of us had thought likely. If we are still in the PL next season, then with some further team strengthening, a mid table finish should be our aim. For this season, 15th was the best I had anticipated. That could still possibly happen along with a cup final appearance, that few, if any of us had predicted. 🤞

Edited by John

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Add Shaqiri to the Ryan Fraser school of assholes. Downed tools at Stoke and a lot of the senior players came out and said he didnt bother. Another prick

Downed tools? Shaqiri? I never had him down as a hard worker, when he’s on form, he’s irresistible 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Downed tools? Shaqiri? I never had him down as a hard worker, when he’s on form, he’s irresistible 

No he isnt irresistible and fact is his attitude pissed off senior pros at Stoke because he is a rocket polisher

• Like 2

Shaqiri would be a very good signing for us, far better than anyone we currently have in the creative positions other than Grealish, and would help us to have another player in the squad with big match experience. If we limit ourselves to only signing players that are liked by everyone then we're probably not going to get very far, besides as far as I'm aware Stoke fans will tell you that he was one of only an handful of players that tried for them in their relegation season, can't blame him for leaving once relegation was confirmed, only just realised he's still only 28 as well. That said I think I'd still prefer someone like Benrahama or Eze over him, probably have a better chance of signing one of those as well.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because big clubs have a SQUAD of top quality players 

You said he was irresistible, if he was that good he be a regular starter for teams. Inter were quite shit when he was there as well 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You said he was irresistible, if he was that good he be a regular starter for teams. Inter were quite shit when he was there as well 

I said when he’s on form he’s irresistible, it is up to his manager to get the best out of him

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I said when he’s on form he’s irresistible, it is up to his manager to get the best out of him

Heynckes, Mancini, Klopp and Guardiola must be all shit if they can't this irresistible form out of Shaqiri

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Heynckes, Mancini, Klopp and Guardiola must be all shit if they can't this irresistible form out of Shaqiri

You’re putting words in to my mouth, they are 4 top class managers, when on form, Shaqiri is a top class player, probably too good for us, it was just a suggestion 

Dubious clickbait site no doubt but linked to young Dijon winger Mounir Chouiar. 

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/04/27/aston-villa-monitoring-ligue-1-winger-several-clubs-scouts-impressed-with-potential/457198/

Aston Villa are one of the clubs who have shown an interest in Dijon’s 21-year-old winger Mounir Chouiar. 
And according to French sports daily L’Equipe, Aston Villa are amongst the clubs who are considering snaring him away from Dijon this summer.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Dubious clickbait site no doubt but linked to young Dijon winger Mounir Chouiar. 

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/04/27/aston-villa-monitoring-ligue-1-winger-several-clubs-scouts-impressed-with-potential/457198/

It’s only YouTube but he looks excellent, he’s all right foot but plays on the left

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Will he cut the mustard in the PL thou?

Guess he could be a solid condiment to the squad, but he might have to play ketchup at the start of the season before he gets used to the tempo.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Does that mean we add players like Nakamba to that list, or is that ok because he managed to force a move? 

They are not the first players to try and force a move and won’t be the last. I will be honest I would take either of them as long as they wanted to come and play for us and put a shift in. Both would massively improve our lineup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Does that mean we add players like Nakamba to that list, or is that ok because he managed to force a move? 

They are not the first players to try and force a move and won’t be the last. I will be honest I would take either of them as long as they wanted to come and play for us and put a shift in. Both would massively improve our lineup.

Shaqiri also refused to play for his national side because he wasn't on the list of players who were considered to be made captain by the new Swiss manager.

He is a petulant little diva. Certainly has quality but he is extremely hit and miss and very high maintenance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I think you are absolutely correct

• Thanks 1