Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Liverpool fans on twitter seem to rate him highly, most think he’s too good for us but would do excellently at Villa. They also seem to think it would take 25-30M to land him. 

Yep, a colleague is a ST holder and says he would be excellent for us and would rather they kept him.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Origi would be a good signing. He needs to play week in week out really. 

He scored 2 in a champions league semi final and 1 in a final. Not bad for a player some would say is not good enough for us.

To this day i dont know how he scored them because he was awful when he came on.  He was like a pin ball machine.

Also 25m for a player who has scored 7 goals in 2 premiership season.  People have lost the plot if they think we should be paying anything near that for him.

• Like 2

Origi is a decent player, but he has never played regularly during his Liverpool career and only occasionally plays more than just a few minutes per game. I think he's only started 11 league games for them since 2017. To expect him to step up to be a regular first choice 90 minute player in a few weeks time would be a huge ask. 25/30 million pounds is a big price to pay for a striker who has been a perennial bench warmer and an occasional part time striker. 

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Also 25m for a player who has scored 7 goals in 2 premiership season.  People have lost the plot if they think we should be paying anything near that for him.

40 PL appearances over those 2 seasons with the majority as sub.

Just now, Okonokos said:

You asked who I would sign that is better than Origi. Didn't know they had to have PL experience.

Was just a genuine question as I’d never heard of some of them. As was my PL experience question.

25 minutes ago, Awol said:

Say £25M for proven at this level (and higher) versus £40M for a younger kid at Celtic playing lower end of the Championship standard teams. I reckon Origi Is much less of a gamble, and the difference in price + 3M gives you Ollie Watkins as a spare striker or right forward. 

Makes lots of sense to me. 

How is he proven at this level?  7 goals in 2 prem seasons in a team like Liverpool.  Add to that he is coming off the bench when other team is tired or demoralised. 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Origi is a decent player, but he has never played regularly during his Liverpool career and only occasionally plays more than just a few minutes per game. I think he's only started 11 league games for them since 2017. To expect him to step up to be a regular first choice 90 minute player in a few weeks time would be a huge ask. 25/30 million pounds is a big price to pay for a striker who has been a perennial bench warmer and an occasional part time striker. 

I'd agree with that. Not sure he'd be that great starting week in week out.

Perhaps Ighalo might be an option if Man. United don't extend the loan for next season?

I don't know why people are getting so hung up on stats regarding Origi. Most strikers coming off the bench in that team would score the odd goal here and there so it kind of makes it irrelevant. I've looked at his overall gameplay, his movement, his touch, his presence etc and I just don't rate him. Against us at Anfield he was nothing short of atrocious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Was just a genuine question as I’d never heard of some of them. As was my PL experience question.

Ah, okay. Misunderstood what you meant. Only Kramaric has PL experience out of them. Leicester didn't give him enough of a chance and he's ten times the player now. All of the others are good enough that I really don't think the lack of PL experience is a problem. To me PL experience is overrated. There's quality everywhere.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Watkins

Eze

Origi

Aarons

Jamal Lewis

Baptise Santa Maria

Good window?

We aren't linked to Lewis.  Villareport copied the Guardian story wrong and put down Jamal Lewis instead of Max Aarons.  He revised the tweet within minutes.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Course he did. Was that the year they won it?

Yeah, but he hardly featured. Think he signed in January the year before.

Went on loan to Hoffenheim before joining permanently.

• Like 1