Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would really like Origi. I don’t understand the dislike of the idea. He has a very good goals to minute ratio... to base it on appearances is unfair because he’s been primarily a sub player for Liverpool. He’s scored every 176 mins this year in just the PL, which isn’t much worse than Tammy who scored a goal every 148, and even Mo Salah only managed a goal every 152 mins in the PL this year.

I actually think if we got him, it would be quite a coup. 

Need to consider Liverpool create a large number of chances.  If you look at his wider stats they are not that good such as successful dribbles, chances created, conversion ratio etc.  I don't think he is much better than what we have.

Edouard has the potential to be a £75m player if he has one successful season with us.  His creativity, dribbling and finishing are excellent and if we can get him for £35m we definitely should in my opinion.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have seen nothing from Origi in his entire career to think he could outscore Wesley in this team. 

I do enjoy the exaggerations - but Origi has performed on the big stage, for one of the biggest teams in the World. He’s been incredibly reliable for Liverpool. 

I can only imagine people don’t want him because he isn’t first choice somewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

———————Origi————————

Benrahma——JG——Watkins/Rashica

—————Luiz———SJM——————

Savage. 

Think that would finish top half of table if we address few smaller issues at the back

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I do enjoy the exaggerations - but Origi has performed on the big stage, for one of the biggest teams in the World. He’s been incredibly reliable for Liverpool. 

I can only imagine people don’t want him because he isn’t first choice somewhere. 

I wouldn't call that an exaggeration. I agree. I think he's looked slow, cumbersome and a poor finisher for Liverpool when he's played. He'd only look worse playing with worse players too. Really don't rate him at all.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

Just now, pete101 said:

Think that would finish top half of table if we address few smaller issues at the back

Yeah, just realised people might think I wanted Savage for LB! 

Chuck the Norwich FBs Lewis & Aarons on the list and we’d be even better going forward. That would be some window, maybe with another CM if it’s fantasy football. 

I'm not convinced by Origi at all, I would imagine he will flop for us. That's just my opinion.

If he was as good as people make out then bids would have come in for him by now, or he would have forced his way into the Liverpool 11. He's a squad player who seem's happy making appearances when a player gets injured, whether thats up front or on the left wing. The perfect squad player for a team who rarely change their starting 11.

• Like 2

I think balancing is important. For every Giggs you need a Beckham. For every Mahrez you need an Albrighton. I'm not sure a diamond with Benhrama, Grealish and Rashica would be all that in reality. They are all keen on holding on to the ball and playmake. You need more directness, work rate, power etc. to combine it with. It sounds good on paper, probably works on FM, but in real life you can't just stack 11 playmakers on the pitch. 

Watkins might actually work in that mix mind. Could be a Wiltord purchase to mix things up. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

———————Origi————————

—————Luiz———SJM——————

Savage. 

Rashica is much better played centrally. I don't see him as a winger.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everytime I seen him it looks like he has a poor 1st touch and control, always goes away from him. If he was available for 10 million or so I would take him as a back up but definitely a lot better available 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Need to consider Liverpool create a large number of chances.  If you look at his wider stats they are not that good such as successful dribbles, chances created, conversion ratio etc.  I don't think he is much better than what we have.

Edouard has the potential to be a £75m player if he has one successful season with us.  His creativity, dribbling and finishing are excellent and if we can get him for £35m we definitely should in my opinion.

This is a very good point, the volume and quality of the chances provided to Origi will be far greater than what he will get here. A lot will depend on his hunger to drop down a level after winning CL and PL in recent seasons. Will he have the hunger for the fight?

I just had a thought about Origi and it wasnt good.

What if it's a reverse Benteke situation, where they signed teke off of us and he played Sh!t and then we go sign Origi and he does to us and then we get liverpool floating Karma about.

I'm not down for being hit with karma.

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

———————Origi————————

—————Luiz———SJM——————

Savage

Too old and also a gargantuan c#@t!

• Haha 4