Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, Ponky said:

We're currently monitoring the situation, waiting for a transfer boost, before going on full alert and mulling over a bid. So just chill. 

It's not serious until we are "Set to prepare to step up the chase to launch a bid"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well they can't really do that, can they.....but they can tip their agent the wink.

cast offs, rejects.....are not what I had in mind.

This is very important and ill get abuse for this but I fear we might end up making too many side ways signings, ability and proven at high level standards need improving to avoid another bottom 6 struggle. To me Watkins might not handle it, how much better then what we have is he? Is he another punt?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good chances Leeds will land both Benrahma and Watkins.

Bielsa will be a big factor for players deciding between clubs.

It's just a huge benefit you get by having a high profile coach.

Bielsa is a dick.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Seriously, nearly two weeks in to the window and not one proper link, let alone a signing.....

The suspense is nearly as bad as the relegation fight stress......

Well, it's just very recently that I've stopped worrying about VAR giving West Ham a late penalty so I think I can manage to wait a little bit more. 

After all, as the window slams shut in October, I think we've got plenty of time. Once UCL and UEL is finished, I think we will see more movement. I think we will see similar behaviour this window as all others. That quite a lot of the business is done right up until deadline day. So there's still much time for us to the usual considering bids, preparing bids, table them, and so on.

But of course I want us to do our business early. We don't want clubs like Brentford to have to brace themselves for months for our bids.

Edited by Silent_Bob
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is he?

Genuine question how many did he call last summer? I seem to remember most came out the blue or from foreign media. The club rightly keeps its card close to its chest.

Agreed. Will be interesting to see if this changes at all now - the new sporting director might have a good mate in the danish media for example. Last year they kept it all pretty tight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will go spurs if they are in for him. I dont think benrama is good enough if your aiming for cl personally.

Don’t think Ben is a JM type player. He would drive Mourinho nuts not tracking back.

53 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Very easy to say, how many big money signings at the same level of Dybala (at the time) have totally flopped in the PL?

It's all getting very Captain Hindsight in here.

EDIT: Page break monster got me again :( 

I remember being excited about Shevchenko coming to the PL and he mediocre. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

so this will be it for the summer...

they go to leeds - because leeds have a better manager - nothing to do with money, or personal preference, or maybe even us not even bidding (I don't believe SSN) it'll be because of dean smith

the same dean smith who bought both players for brentford

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's funny how quiet you've been, since we survived, up untill ourselves and yourselves are linked to the same player....

Always thought he was an SHA fan, but maybe he's actually a Leeds fan......

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's funny how quiet you've been, since we survived, up untill ourselves and yourselves are linked to the same player....

Been hammered celebrating the Fulham & Leeds promotions :D 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I remember being excited about Shevchenko coming to the PL and he mediocre. 

and Crespo, Shevchenko in before then at Milan had been the most incredibly deadly striker for a few years. Something wasn't right at Chelsea at that time. I remember seeing Crespo in the Champions league at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea against average group opposition (don't even remember who!) and it was 0-0, Crespo played actually pretty well, thundered the bar, ran really well but didn't get many chances. So weird they both failed there, they were incredible players.

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s a specific budget at the Villa with the new owners. Smith will just issue a list of who he wants and an attempt will be made to get those players.

See people mentioning a signing of intent. Although his wages would be astronomical Zidane would drive Gareth Bale to Villa Park himself.

• Like 2

Leeds can't afford either, nevermind both.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

I don’t think there’s a specific budget at the Villa with the new owners. Smith will just issue a list of who he wants and an attempt will be made to get those players.

See people mentioning a signing of intent. Although his wages would be astronomical Zidane would drive Gareth Bale to Villa Park himself.

The only Villa Bale will be in is the rather spectacular one he owns outside Madrid, Zidane would have to break his fingers to get him off the door frame and in the car.

• Haha 1

Nah they'll both go to Man City, Pep's got an even bigger profile.

That is how it works isn't it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Are you an Everton fan striker? Only asking because you always seem to have a pretty sensible understanding of the villa...

I'm sure you've explained the situation before but I just can't remember!

Yes, you're right. Let's just sack Smith for the hell of it then as that's obviously what you're getting at. We're clearly falling way behind Leeds and its all Smith's fault.