Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Rashica is much better played centrally. I don't see him as a winger.

——————-—Origi——————

SB————JG——Rashica——SJM

———————Luiz————————

These would be good problems to have! 

On 04/08/2020 at 21:18, Villan_of_oz said:

He has had history with refusing to play for Scotland. Did you know you that?

How many other Premier League players refused to extend their contract out of the 20 teams?

Fraser is a word removed!

I wasn't aware that he refused to play for Scotland, but he certainly isnt the first player to have done that, and i'm not aware of his reasons for doing it....are you ?

How do you feel about United blocking Smalling from extending his loan at Roma to play in the Champions League ?

Surely it's the same thing ?

Players, Clubs, Fans we're all looking after number 1.

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

———————Origi————————

Benrahma——JG——Watkins/Rashica

—————Luiz———SJM——————

Savage

I do not want Robbie Savage anywhere near Aston Villa Football Club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

No to Origi. We need better.

Yeah I agree we shouldn't be going for the 2nd striker at the best club on the planet right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Yeah I agree we shouldn't be going for the 2nd striker at the best club on the planet right now. 

Liverpool fans on twitter seem to rate him highly, most think he’s too good for us but would do excellently at Villa. They also seem to think it would take 25-30M to land him. 

• Like 1

My Liverpool supporting mate said:

“I think he nearly went to Wolfsburg on a permanent deal for 23m a few years back but got a chance to come back and get games. 

A bit like Ings wouldn’t surprise me to see divock getting 15-20 goals a season. He’s got a good shot on him. Good player - just not as good as mane or salah”

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Huh...

image.png.18f7aa1d9840cfdf6a9e007c197ed71c.png

I've watched every Bremen game this season. He's at his best when he's played as a striker as part of a front 2. Play him next to a big number 9 to hold it up and flick it on to him and he'll run in behind and cause chaos for defences. He's wasted out wide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

My Liverpool supporting mate said:

“I think he nearly went to Wolfsburg on a permanent deal for 23m a few years back but got a chance to come back and get games. 

A bit like Ings wouldn’t surprise me to see divock getting 15-20 goals a season. He’s got a good shot on him. Good player - just not as good as mane or salah”

Say £25M for proven at this level (and higher) versus £40M for a younger kid at Celtic playing lower end of the Championship standard teams. I reckon Origi Is much less of a gamble, and the difference in price + 3M gives you Ollie Watkins as a spare striker or right forward. 

Makes lots of sense to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jim said:

Wouldn't the best club on the planet most likely be found in the Champions League? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Origi would be a good signing. He needs to play week in week out really. 

He scored 2 in a champions league semi final and 1 in a final. Not bad for a player some would say is not good enough for us.

People questioning his quality are way off the mark. He is definitely good enough. 

It's the price that worries me. Barring him forcing a move away, Liverpool could easily demand 30 million as a starting point for negotiations. 

Liverpool bought him for 10 million. We need to focus on finding the next Origi. Easier said than done, I know, but we just aren't in the position to pay the premium rate for a striker like Origi or Iheanacho. 

To put things in context some stats on Origi v Wesley v Tammy

Wesley

Shots per game = 1.77

Shot on target =  48.2%

Goals per shot  = 0.14

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.30

Origi

Shots per game = 1.75

Shots on target % = 42.9%

Goals per shot  = 0.29

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.28

Tammy

Shot per game = 3.58

Shots on target = 39.8%

Goal per shot = 0.17

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.69

Tammy takes way more shots than both which is party due to Chelsea creating more but also his movement and ability to get into goal scoring positions.   Origi is pretty poor in all measures apart from the goals per shot but his expected goals and assists suggest he was lucky to score what he did last season and actually is not much better than Wesley if not worse considering he got the same stats in one of the best teams in Europe?  Whereas Tammy has a much higher expected goals and assists showing he is getting into very good goal scoring positions and creating chances.  Tammy is by far the best of the three.  

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

To put things in context some stats on Origi v Wesley v Tammy

Wesley

Shots per game = 1.77

Shot on target =  48.2%

Goals per shot  = 0.14

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.30

Origi

Shots per game = 1.75

Shots on target % = 42.9%

Goals per shot  = 0.29

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.28

Tammy

Shot per game = 3.58

Shots on target = 39.8%

Goal per shot = 0.17

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.69

Tammy takes way more shots than both which is party due to Chelsea creating more but also his movement and ability to get into goal scoring positions.   Origi is pretty poor in all measures apart from the goals per shot but his expected goals and assists suggest he was lucky to score what he did last season and actually is not much better than Wesley if not worse considering he got the same stats in one of the best teams in Europe?  Whereas Tammy has a much higher expected goals and assists showing he is getting into very good goal scoring positions and creating chances.  Tammy is by far the best of the three.  

Is this per 90 or per game? Origi starts a lot less than the other two. Therefore, there could be a big caveat.

Edited by sparrow1988

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Watkins

Benrahma

Origi

Aarons

Jamal Lewis

Baptise Santa Maria

Good window?

Dreamland. 50 points plus next season with that I reckon - if we keep Grealish. Also a young side with plenty of growth potential too. 

• Like 1

Some more stats.....

Iheanacho

Shot per game = 3.12

Shots on target = 52.9%

Goal per shot = 0.15

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 0.68

Iheanacho looks pretty close to Tammy's level.

Edouard

Shot per game = 4.29

Shots on target = 45%

Goal per shot = 0.21

Expect goals and assists per 90 = 1.29

As expected Edouard has he best stats considering the level he plays at but shots on target/goals per shot should reflect innate finishing ability and transfer to a higher level to a certain extent....

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 1