Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Keinan davis on the verge of signing a new three year contract ✍🏽👀 Hmmm if i speak 🤦🏽‍♂️ ... I used to think this kid was something special probably down to his quick rise to prominence but now i dont want him part of the squad and Traore finalising his medical in Denmark i really couldn’t be happier 😒 ... i guess Jaden Philogene-Bidace’s performance today is what keeps me smiling... kid is phenomenal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Assuming their transfer fees have been amortised. If we were to sell someone we bought last summer their transfer fee minus the yearly amortisation would remain on the books so we'd have to sell for more than this amount to not make a FFP loss.

Let's assume we bought a player for £20m and gave him a 4 year contract. Ignoring wages as that is a relatively simple "x" amount per year, that £20m cash on the books becomes a £20m asset. That £20m asset is written down/amortised over 4 years. So:

At the end of year 1 we have an asset of £15m and a loss of £5m against that asset.

At the end of year 2, we have an asset of £10m and another loss of £5m (cumulative losses of £10m over the 2 years)

If that player has done OK and we then sell that player for £20m, we exchange an asset of £10m for £20m in cash - that is a profit of £10m in that year as far as the accounts and FFP are concerned. Good - but DOESN'T mean that we have £20m to spend.

HOWEVER if that player is shit and we want rid, and we sell him for £5m then we exchange a £10m asset for £5m in cash and take ANOTHER £5m loss in year 2.  NOT GREAT! you then have the bizarre situation that keeping the player works out cheaper for FFP! At that point, better to loan out the player, even if paying most or all of their wages!

8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Let's assume we bought a player for £20m and gave him a 4 year contract. Ignoring wages as that is a relatively simple "x" amount per year, that £20m cash on the books becomes a £20m asset. That £20m asset is written down/amortised over 4 years. So:

At the end of year 1 we have an asset of £15m and a loss of £5m against that asset.

At the end of year 2, we have an asset of £10m and another loss of £5m (cumulative losses of £10m over the 2 years)

If that player has done OK and we then sell that player for £20m, we exchange an asset of £10m for £20m in cash - that is a profit of £10m in that year as far as the accounts and FFP are concerned. Good - but DOESN'T mean that we have £20m to spend.

HOWEVER if that player is shit and we want rid, and we sell him for £5m then we exchange a £10m asset for £5m in cash and take ANOTHER £5m loss in year 2.  NOT GREAT! you then have the bizarre situation that keeping the player works out cheaper for FFP! At that point, better to loan out the player, even if paying most or all of their wages!

Think Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Brewster & Gallagher Loan to buy would top off a great summer thus far ... Add Joe Rodon. 

any recent links to Brewster or Gallagher? I might have missed those. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Mings and Konsa need aerial protection from Midfield.....we need a powerful CDM.

I will be suprised if we do......but I think we will struggle if we don't.

We have 2 attacking full backs......That leaves just Mings and Konsa to take on the close contact stuff and aerial ball......its too much to ask.

It would be excellent to have a powerful, commanding CM but they are few and far between.

CMs who can play and are also physically imposing demand a premium - look at someone like Eric Dier, as a player I would argue that he is not better than what we’ve got but (if available) he would cost I would guess around £50m+. If you look at players more in our price range like Billing for example, he would be £20-£25m and is no way better than Luis, SJM or Jack (who I think will move to MF this season).

I’d guess that Dean would love a midfielder who is also a unit (And perhaps cover at CB - a young Jedinak) but that may need to wait until next summer

26 minutes ago, dubbs said:

any recent links to Brewster or Gallagher? I might have missed those. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12604489/aston-villa-transfer-rhian-brewster/

ASTON VILLA want to BUY Rhian Brewster from Liverpool as their search for a striker goes into overdrive.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/08/chelseas-michy-batshuayi-set-to-sign-extension-and-return-to-palace-on-loan

Gallagher is now in talks with Aston Villa and West Brom. He has also been linked with Leeds, while West Ham have been alerted to his availability.

Tesco bags are reportedly favourites ...

• Thanks 1