Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Pfft no way are we buying Eduoard now. King maybe as he plays as a wide forward and striker but we haven’t just brought a striker for 28-33 million to play him as a wide forward MOST of the time.

Good point.

He really was a wide forward for Deano though.

However I'm inclined to agree with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good point.

He really was a wide forward for Deano though.

However I'm inclined to agree with you.

Yea I know before last season that is the case but its like saying we have brought Cash to play in central midfield and we just haven't

so, considering the signings of Cash & Watkins, i would be the following if we signed the below players:

Very Happy :        Martinez, Central Midfielder [no idea who], King.

Ecstatic       :        Martinez, Central Midfielder [no idea who], Edouard.

Orgasmic    :        Martinez, Central Midfielder [no idea who], Rashica or Benrahma or Buendia, Edouard.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He scored 1 more goal than Wesley last season played +200 more minutes and 3 of his 6 goals were penalties

You can’t right him off for a poor season for a very poor team.  Check out his goals! 

If Wesley starts scoring goals like that we’ll have some player.

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Pfft no way are we buying Eduoard now. King maybe as he plays as a wide forward and striker but we haven’t just brought a striker for 28-33 million to play him as a wide forward MOST of the time.

It would seem that way unless he’s thinking of playing two upfront next season which seems unlikely but who knows.  Links to Eduoard and Brewster suggest we maybe looking at options which we didn’t have last season with Jack floating across the front or just behind the strikers.

If we get all of our ideal signings, we could be lining up like this:

Eduoard

Grealish                              Rashica

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

Targett    Mings     Konsa    Cash

Subs: Heaton, Guilbert, Engels, Nakamba, Watkins, King, one of AEG/Hourihane/Trez, 

Look at that bench. So much stronger, with potential to change the shape without sacrificing quality.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can’t right him off for a poor season for a very poor team.  Check out his goals! 

I wrote him off on Fantasy football forum before start of last season. So overrated

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Eduoard

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

Subs: Heaton, Guilbert, Engels, Nakamba, Watkins, King, one of AEG/Hourihane/Trez, 

Look at that bench. So much stronger, with potential to change the shape without sacrificing quality.

a £28m signing in Watkins on the bench?, literally not a chance of that happening, at least be realistic with the lineup m8.

I can completely see that lineup though, but with Watkins in Rashicas place. (could almost see Edouard/Watkins being interchangeable during the match......what a joy that would be to watch)

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, Keyblade said:

Eduoard

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

Mind blown , record fee and sitting on bench 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Eduoard

NEW            McGinn

Luiz

Eduoard is very unlikely mate but even then I’d be more than happy with that squad.

Wouldnt mind a new centre half though.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So why would we need another like him.  I think we give Wes that chance and he’s likely to score at least as many as King.  King is established in the PL, Wes had half a season and did as well.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

So why would we need another like him.  I think we give Wes that chance and he’s likely to score at least as many as King.  King is established in the PL, Wes had half a season and did as well.

Firstly I can’t see Wes ever scoring goals like King has in that video. Secondly he may not return for a while. Thirdly King can also play wide.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It would seem that way unless he’s thinking of playing two upfront next season which seems unlikely but who knows.  Links to Eduoard and Brewster suggest we maybe looking at options which we didn’t have last season with Jack floating across the front or just behind the strikers.

Could play wing strikers Watkins inside Right, King/Edouard inside left jack no 10 in the middle just behind them. New no 8 and McGinn backing him up, attacking fullbacks providing the width. So rather than a strike partnership like a traditional 442 our two strikers play like lone strikers restricted to one side of the pitch with Jack being the link.

• Like 1