Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Guilbert pass completion 50%. Cash pass completion 75%. That’s only one stat, from different leagues, but that alone looks like an improvement - and I’m a fan of Fred.

Looks to me like you're making stuff up.  

fred Guilbert

Matt Cash

68.9% for Fred in the PL and 70% for Cash in the Champ - wow, what a massive difference...

You also need to factor in that Cash was playing in 9ne of the better teams in the champ and Feed in one of the worst in the PL.  So, Cashs colleagues were generally of a better standard, in comparison to their opponents, than Freds were.

Edited by flashingqwerty
Additional insight
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, rayk said:

That’s ridiculous, that’s like saying Louie Barry isn’t worth £3m as a 16 year old just because he’s English.

No it's not. I am amazed how you consistently miss every point that’s made mind. It's all a bit akward tbh. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No it's not. I am amazed how you consistently miss every point that’s made mind. It's all a bit akward tbh. 

So you answer my question.....by not answering the question. Wolves are a highly professional outfit these days and spending £35m on a teenager will not be whimsical.......

18 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I read somewhere that Villa aren't looking to play Callum Wilson as a lone striker and that they want to play him and Watkins up front together. If there is truth in that no way do I see Villa playing 4-4-2. That suggests to me we would be playing 5-3-2 as that was the first formation change that Smith went to last season and it looked decent for a while. 

With that in mind, and the fact that we aren't really being linked with a right-sided forward, does anyone else wonder if Villa will start the season with a formation and lineup something like this:

------------------------Romero---------------------

--------Konsa-------Engels-----Mings-------

Cash-----------Luiz--------McGinn---Targett

------------------------Grealish--------------------

-------------Wilson-------------Watkins-----------

Cash and Targett are both good at getting forward and delivering crosses into the box. That formation pretty much gives Grealish a free role too. We can go 5-3-2 without the ball and a 3-5-2 with it. 

Obviously, that involves signing three players that are currently heavily linked with. I also expect that Smith would want another centre back to play in there instead of Engels. Maybe sign another left-sided centre back to play where Mings is and have Mings as the centre of the three? 

Any thoughts? 

if we are assuming a 3-4-1-2 for arguments sake, i would probably prefer a 3-4-2-1.

Heaton

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Cash - Luiz - McGinn - Targett

Benrahma - Grealish

Watkins

However, i fully expect us to be playing the standard DS way, so 4-3-3.

Personally, i would probably go like this:

Heaton

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

NEW - Luiz - McGinn

Benrahama - Watkins - Grealish

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

We seriously do not want/need Wilson. Sign Watkins and play him down the middle and Wes can join him in a couple of moths if we aim to play a front two - Samatta can play until then. 

I think that’s what we’re going to do. We can’t and shouldn’t just write off Wes unless we think his injury is going to take a lot longer to get over or he isn’t going to get over it successfully. Also Samatta wasn’t free if he gets a few before Christmas and Wes is back and doing well by then, we will have a saleable asset come the January window. 

Edited by DaveAV1

It could be that his opinion has changed, but for what it’s worth we got to talk to Deano in Minnesota last season and he (and Terry) absolutely hates three in the back formations. I was surprised he turned to it last season, but it may have been out of desperation. But I wouldn’t expect him to use it.

7 minutes ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

It could be that his opinion has changed, but for what it’s worth we got to talk to Deano in Minnesota last season and he (and Terry) absolutely hates three in the back formations. I was surprised he turned to it last season, but it may have been out of desperation. But I wouldn’t expect him to use it.

I’ve not read that so it surprises me because he played 3 at the back at Brentford and I think Walsall too.

For me I think he hates playing 2 up top more than playing a back 3/5.

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’ve not read that so it surprises me because he played 3 at the back at Brentford and I think Walsall too.

For me I think he hates playing 2 up top more than playing a back 3/5.

Only going off what he told us at the bar. Someone asked him about it and he seemed to dismiss it pretty quickly. Maybe it was just how he viewed his personnel at the time. He seemed pretty adamant that the 4-3-3 was what he preferred.

Just now, Houseoftomorrow said:

Only going off what he told us at the bar. Someone asked him about it and he seemed to dismiss it pretty quickly. Maybe it was just how he viewed his personnel at the time. He seemed pretty adamant that the 4-3-3 was what he preferred.

Yeah I’ve heard him before that he doesn’t like three at the back. 

Having seen that both Jacob and Aaron Ramsey featured against Arsenal today, there is no way we’ll be buying another CM. we might buy a DCM, but even Chukwuemaka played.

Maybe a DCM on loan? Didn’t Tuanzebe also play DCM?

5 minutes ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

Fair enough. I once met the best friend of Paul Lambert at a bar in Greece. I think he was with Lambert either at St Mirren or Motherwell, still played golf with him.

He said that nothing p*ssed off Lambert more than players not fulfilling their talent and being lazy in training.

A certain Gabby was top of his list.

5 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Every time I open this thread there's at least half a dozen (on the page!) posts by someone I have ignored. 

**** hell. 

Silly season at the funny farm.

I love it! 

• Haha 2

Jacob and Aaron Ramsey or Chukwuemeka playing today will have no bearing on whether we sign a midfielder or not, those players played because none of McGinn, Grealish or Hourihane were available. And also our U23s have a game on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy against Sunderland's first team, so this game today against a strong Arsenal side would have been good practice for that.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Jacob and Aaron Ramsey or Chukwuemeka playing today will have no bearing on whether we sign a midfielder or not, those players played because none of McGinn, Grealish or Hourihane were available. And also our U23s have a game on Tuesday in the EFL Trophy against Sunderland's first team, so this game today against a strong Arsenal side would have been good practice for that.

I presume there's no way of watching that EFL Trophy game?

Just now, Xela said:

Silly season at the funny farm.

I love it! 

847 pages on this thread....there's usually 4 or 5 pages of new comments whenever I log in and it's almost always nothing to do with genuine speculation.  Just what I assume is kids arguing about nonsense

P.S. I'm aware this post is also nothing to with speculation...😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I don’t believe that for a moment. As I say, maybe a DCM as Carney too soon.....but when you have Jacob and Aaron as AMs it would be criminal not to involve them, at least some part this season.

Edited by rayk

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Go on then.

Patrick Cutrone? Was only 21 when Wolves got him from AC MIlan where he was a regular for a season.

Moise Kean was scoring goals for Juventus. Hardly did anything at Everton.

These guys were actually experienced in major leagues but struggled to settle and fit into a new country and style of play. Also had caps for Italy.

Could also see how raw Adama was at 19 for us.

Doubt we'll see much of this new Wolves guy bar late cameos off the bench in which he'll probably notch a goal or two against tired defences, would be very surprised if he made a major impact in his first season as it goes against the general trend.