Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

43 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Keep buying Championship level players and you'll be a Championship level team. 

It is now time for Villa to buy of a higher standard. 

I don't think we can convince them unless we change our wage structure?

#worried 

VG.No reports that 28 year old Norwegian international Omar Elabdellaoui, who plays for Galatasaray at right back, turned down an offer from us.

The same report says he also turned down offers from Fiorentina, Augsburg and Schalke,.

Edit: This news appears to be a week old, but I hadn't seen it mentioned before. Apologies.

Edited by Wes
Looks to be an old report - sorry.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

not saying that  but from readings point of view to them  he might be their best like we dont want teams belitting us with stupid bids for grealish

Its not related. I couldn't care less what they bid for Grealish. In fact I hope they keep low balling. We'll never accept them and laugh them off.

I was only asking because 6m is not pocket money. I honestly dont know much about Swift but why say 6m is an insult? Is every player 20m at least now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if it had anything to do with him possibly taking the opporuntiy to join one of the largest and most historic clubs in the world. Play with 1 of the two best players in the world,  be managed by one of the most legendary players in the game, and compete in the most prestigious club competetions etc?

Yeah, what were we playing at?

Well we tick the first box, the next two are a bit of a stretch for Jack and particularly for Dean, and he will only compete in one more prestigious club competition with Juve. We can't have wanted him, after all then. 😉

• Like 1

personaly idont want him smacks of desperation

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Its not related. I couldn't care less what they bid for Grealish. In fact I hope they keep low balling. We'll never accept them and laugh them off.

I was only asking because 6m is not pocket money. I honestly dont know much about Swift but why say 6m is an insult? Is every player 20m at least now?

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’m getting quite worried tbh. Anyone else?

A little bit yeah. I feel like we're not able to attract the first choice players that we want. That is pure speculation though.

We just need to keep improving every season really and slowly work up the table each season to attract better quality. I'm pretty positive we'll go into next season with a better squad than we did last. I don't think we'll be signing many exciting players though of a similar status as Rashica. But we'll see I guess.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Yeah, if we are looking at players like John Swift, that's just depressing. 😫

Not if they turn out to be fantastic for us and double or triple in value within a season or two.

Remember this is our model. We might not make the sexy statement signings we all want, but might still do some tidy business all around.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Not if he turns out to be fantastic for us and doubles or triples in price within a season or two.

Remember that this is our model. It might not be the sexy statement signing we all want, but might turn out to be an excellent piece of business all around.

if thats our model we wont have big budget

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Not if he turns out to be fantastic for us and doubles or triples in price within a season or two.

Remember that this is our model. It might not be the sexy statement signing we all want, but might turn out to be an excellent piece of business all around.

I’m wondering how that “model” is working for us so far.

Just been mulling over the number of players so far that have (a)  turned out to be fantastic for us and (b) doubled or tripled in value?

Is this actually a model it just a pipe dream?

• Like 2