Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Lallana and Mertens would be solid additions on free transfers. I doubt either would command a wage like Cavani or Higuain either.

Surely be champions League clubs after Mertens?

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The worrying thing is you still have more credibility than half of the crap-canisters masquerading on twitter mate...

Thanks. Twitter seems to be a cesspool for attention seeking and speculative tripe, I tend to steer well clear. It's like the YouTube comment section on steroids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've just realised why West Ham is an attractive move to be fair 🤤

FB_IMG_1598542139228.jpg

Lehmann wasn’t even a great keeper and he’s really old so I’m not sure why they’d want him in a number seven role. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Thanks. Twitter seems to be a cesspool for attention seeking and speculative tripe, I tend to steer well clear. It's like the YouTube comment section on steroids.

And yet I can’t stop reading it. Even though it makes me furious. 

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

All this talk about Edouard like he is worth 30mill plus yet Watkins isn't worth 25 I find a little ridiculous. For me the championship is a stronger league than the spl. I do think Celtic would be a top 3 or 4 championship team, which puts them.on par with Brentford. The only difference is Brentford have far stiffer competition in the championship than Celtic in the spl.

Watkins numbers are very good. Those numbers 26 goals 3 assists is right up there with Tammy. He was the standout striker in the championship last season. For me he is worth 20mill and Edouard a similar fee. I believe Watkins' versatility makes him the slightly better option even if they were going for the same fee.

Edouard is three years younger than Watkins. That is a huge age difference in a football career.

I can see why there is so much more hype around Edouard than Watkins. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Am I the only one who would buy Watkins to play him wide left attack IF we could also get Edouard? Watkins is a grafter and will chase back more than Benrahma would. He could also be played down the middle if needed. 

Fully agree, rather Watkins then Benrahma for me.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Revis Harold from Football Galaxy says we are in for Akira Shimizu from Tanaka Dragons

Who Is This Ej Johnson GIF by Red Table Talk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I just watched a compilation of Watkins goals on the Sky Sport YouTube channel and I don't think quite a fair number of them would have resulted in a  goal in this league.

You could say that about Edouard, Rashica and most players we’ve been linked with.

I get a creeping sense we are actually not being as forthright [and aggressive] in this window as required. I think our attempt at playing a clever game will backfire. I would rather they slightly over pay and we get 3 of 4 or 5 very important targets and fudge the other requirements than try and box clever with our budget and end up losing out on someone we want like we did last Summer.

• Like 1