Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

This only applies to players from Europe I believe and it’s not that straight forward but the club are addressing this and we do scout players all round the world.

The system was formerly heavily biased to 'EU citizens', now it is heavily biased to 'active internationals playing for FIFA-top-50 ranked countries'. I guess you will change accordingly, though 'active internationals and especially those already playing in top leagues' will naturally be harder for Championship clubs to attract.

If any club is going to be able to adapt I would expect it to be you guys, though.

13 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Hope your right 👍

Isn’t there any rule about feeder and parent clubs being in the same division? 😉

Only joking. I genuinely hope you get up this year, it would be deserved and I feel for  your fans constantly losing players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The system was formerly heavily biased to 'EU citizens', now it is heavily biased to 'active internationals playing for FIFA-top-50 ranked countries'. I guess you will change accordingly, though 'active internationals and especially those already playing in top leagues' will naturally be harder for Championship clubs to attract.

If any club is going to be able to adapt I would expect it to be you guys, though.

I was reading it will be much easier to buy Argentinians or Brazilians now for example, than a French player in ligue 2.

I believe because we could buy a non international Brazilian playing in the Brazilian top league, as the top league in Brazil gets good points as its a top league, but obviously ligue 2 in France doesn't get any points etc.

Should be interesting to see how teams adapt.

I like the way Brentford go about their business. They play good football and their fans seem like a decent bunch. 

There aren't many teams in the championship I'd like see get to the PL before them. It would be nice to see them rewarded for running a club in the right way. 

Edited by av1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I was reading it will be much easier to buy Argentinians or Brazilians now for example, than a French player in ligue 2.

I believe because we could buy a non international Brazilian playing in the Brazilian top league, as the top league in Brazil gets good points as its a top league, but obviously ligue 2 in France doesn't get any points etc.

Should be interesting to see how teams adapt.

Yes, you're right that a top team in Brazil would be easier to buy a player from than Ligue 2.

The possible ways to gather sufficient points are:

• player's international appearances
  • player's domestic minutes
  • player's continental minutes
  • final league position of player's last club
  • continental progression of player's last club
  • league quality of player's current club

In terms of the final point, Brazil's top tier is Band 3, while Ligue 2 is Band 4. A player needs to get 15 points for a GBE ('governing body exemption'). A band 3 league contributes 8 points towards that, while a band 4 league contributes 6.

Our hypothetical Brazilian could get the remaining 7 points necessary by eg reaching the final of continental competition (2 points), qualifying for the group stages of the Copa Libertadores (3 points), playing 30% of the games in that competition (3 points), and playing 30% of the team's domestic fixtures (2 points). That would secure more than 15 points and wouldn't require international caps, and would seem to suggest someone who's just a squad player at a top Brazilian side. A first team regular could get all 7 points simply by playing 80% of the available domestic league minutes.

The Ligue 2 player would need 9 extra points, of which only 6 could come from playing every minute in Ligue 2. You can get 3 points for playing for a title winner in a band 4 league, so that would make 9. Therefore it's possible to sign a non-international from a Ligue 2 side, but only if they played 90%+ minutes for the champions and in no other circumstances.

There's a full list here: https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/points-based-system

EDIT: Should have made clear that those numbers are from the 22 and over categories, there's different numbers for U21 players.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Thanks 2

On 31/12/2020 at 12:40, av1 said:

I like the way Brentford go about their business. They play good football and their fans seem like a decent bunch. 

There aren't many teams in the championship I'd like see get to the PL before them. It would be nice to see them rewarded for running a club in the right way. 

Very interesting chap who owns them, if you’ve not read up on him then do, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Very interesting chap who owns them, if you’ve not read up on him then do, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Will do. Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got to say, I'd love for them to come up, it'd be massive for them even if they go straight back down, they're a decent, well run club with fans who haven't known much success. The poor bastards don't even have an Honours page on their website.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I've got to say, I'd love for them to come up, it'd be massive for them even if they go straight back down, they're a decent, well run club with fans who haven't known much success. The poor bastards don't even have an Honours page on their website.

Don’t, once they are up you’ll soon here how “overrated” they are. 

• 3 months later...

Could they finally make it into the promised land or are they going to choke yet again in the playoffs?  On paper they’re the better team but that rarely counts for anything where Brentford are concerned. Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, choffer said:

Could they finally make it into the promised land or are they going to choke yet again in the playoffs?  On paper they’re the better team but that rarely counts for anything where Brentford are concerned. Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow. 

Completely forgot about the game tomorrow! Good evening lined up with that and the CL final. Happy days.

I hope Brentford do it.

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Deserve to come up but you just never know.  We struggle against them for some reason so if they do not make it I will be ok!

We struggled because they played football on the ground and we didnt have the players tactically to outsmart them

I think if they came up we would be OK

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

They should beat Swansea comfortably. 

What are you basing this on? They didn't during the season, they had two 1-1 draws. This could go either way.

Â