Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Rookie manager, a load of unknown overseas players - big money striker with no goalscoring record ...

Blind faith I hoped it would work - but the harsh reality ground us down. With the added conundrum now do those above Smith know. what to do ?

Dyche has his critics - who doesn't. But he would probably be our biggest managerial coup since MON.

Wouldn't call Dyche a couple but of course he'd be an improvement on DS at this level (or division below). Just want someone who can unite the fanbase and suggest we can go to places we haven't been for many years. Only have to look at opposition today to see that's what they've done and their fans are loving every minute of it.

Fed up of gambles, next time we get promoted to premier league I want Wolves style transfer policy, they've got some class players in their line up.

Looking at the faces out there, I'm fairly convinced Smith has lost the dressing room. They look a miserable bunch who really don't want to be out there and/or don't believe in how they are being told to play.

I like Smith, I'd love to succeed with Smith but if I had the chance to change right now, I'd take it ...... probably our last hope !

Edited by Paul33

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Other teams aren't going to do us favors, think we'll see a few of them starting to pick up points now, starting with Watford to tomorrow, and wouldn't rule out Bournemouth beating Newcastle in the week.

I’m more bothered at West Ham and Watford than Bournemouth. As it’s going to get harder for them. Watford losing to Southampton would be critical. West Ham getting done by Chelsea would be huge. If we got out of the next two games in a reasonable GD and not far adrfit from safety, things would look different.

Still a lot to go. 

If we're still within in touching distance of safety by the time we've played Man Utd and Liverpool then just looking at it purely from a points perspective we should still be in with a chance going into the last four games, the trouble is is our performances we're not really showing enough to indicate we're going win enough games, it's no good our opponents dropping points if we can't then capitalize.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m more bothered at West Ham and Watford than Bournemouth. As it’s going to get harder for them. Watford losing to Southampton would be critical. West Ham getting done by Chelsea would be huge. If we got out of the next two games in a reasonable GD and not far adrfit from safety, things would look different.

Still a lot to go. 

There is no point wasting energy looking at other results. This team is not going to win another game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think we'll lose Grealish, McGinn, Luiz, Trezeguet, MIngs and El Ghazi in the summer.

It's another summer where we'll need to spend a huge amount of money in order to build a competitive squad, albeit in the Championship. 

We need three or four seasons where we can consolidate and build - but the financial rules mean you can't do it in the Championship and we were too far away from having a squad to do it in this league.

We need to build a team that can stay in the Premier league and hope it wins the Championship, not build a team to win the Championship and see what happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Still a lot to go. 

As bad as West Ham are it wouldn't be the biggest shock to see them beat Burnley or home and Norwich away. They get two wins and with the GD we'd need 7 points. Even if we won v them on last day we'd need 4 points from the other 5 games. And also hoping West Ham wouldn't pick up any points from likes of Newcastle away and Watford at home.

We've blown the chance in last 10 days. I give us 5% chance now to finish outside of bottom 3 which is still probably higher than most on here.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As bad as West Ham are it wouldn't be the biggest shock to see them beat Burnley or home and Norwich away. They get two wins and with the GD we'd need 7 points. Even if we won v them on last day we'd need 4 points from the other 5 games. And also hoping West Ham wouldn't pick up any points from likes of Newcastle away and Watford at home.

We've blown the chance in last 10 days. I give us 5% chance now to finish outside of bottom 3 which is still probably higher than most on here.

If you accept we are down - we probably don't won't west ham down with us.!

• Like 2

Unfortunately we’re not even playing THAT bad. I mean if we played like we did today earlier in the season we wouldn’t be where we are. If we can get a result against Man U or Liverpool then we could still be in with a shout but we are just relying on others to get beat, it’s never great playing first and losing. Have lost complete faith yet but it’s dwindling.

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Unfortunately we’re not even playing THAT bad. I mean if we played like we did today earlier in the season we wouldn’t be where we are. If we can get a result against Man U or Liverpool then we could still be in with a shout but we are just relying on others to get beat, it’s never great playing first and losing. Have lost complete faith yet but it’s dwindling.

Really ?

There seemed no shape, no ideas , no spark....

Granted we weren't error strewn and gifting wolves goals. But we were a long , long, way from winning that match.

• Like 1

We don't need to spend three or four seasons in the championship, the team that Nuno built at Wolves only had one season there. We didn't build this team in the championship, it was built after we were promoted, that's what a big part of the problem has been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Really ?

There seemed no shape, no ideas , no spark....

Granted we weren't error strewn and gifting wolves goals. But we were a long , long, way from winning that match.

Yeah I agree we aren’t creating much but it’s not as bad as people are making out. if we played like that against lesser teams like Bournemouth, Saints, Watford away we’d be much higher up and probably safe. 

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

Yeah I agree we aren’t creating much but it’s not as bad as people are making out. if we played like that against lesser teams like Bournemouth, Saints, Watford away we’d be much higher up and probably safe. 

Academic but I would disagree. We limited wolves to once goal - but the wolves defence strolled through that game. Other than Norwich I couldn't see us worrying anything.

We look totally shot.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Academic but I would disagree. We limited wolves to once goal - but the wolves defence strolled through that game. Other than Norwich I couldn't see us worrying anything.

We look totally shot.

Yeah I see what your saying but Wolves probably have the best defences in the league. Look it’s not great, we could do with a massive chunk of luck, a controversial penalty or a dodgy OG, but I don’t fear Man U like I used too, Liverpool are at the beach, it’s still doable just don’t down tools yet.

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Yeah I see what your saying but Wolves probably have the best defences in the league. Look it’s not great, we could do with a massive chunk of luck, a controversial penalty or a dodgy OG, but I don’t fear Man U like I used too, Liverpool are at the beach, it’s still doable just don’t down tools yet.

Fair play.

I think it is done though. The others will pick up wins in the next games and the gap will open pretty quickly as the games run out.

23 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

If we can get a result against.....

Copy and paste this after each loss in the remaining games until we are relegated. I admire your optimism but with Smith in charge it isn't happening.

At one stage Samatta looked well pissed off that nobody was around him to offer support.