Relegation thread

Knutserov13

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

If you accept we are down - we probably don't won't west ham down with us.!

Yes that's a fair point. Bit like we were all laughing when Newcastle got relegated again at VP but with getting Benitez full time it basically meant a promotion spot was already sewn up and they got nearly 100 points I think.

West Ham would lose key players like Rice but yeah would be more confident of finshing above Norwich and Bournemouth (who'd need to massively rebuild as they'd be in major financial trouble given what they've spent) if they're the other two to come down.

It’s hard to see where a goal will come from let alone a win.

I was going to make a mini review of each player but most of them are not good enough for this level.

Jack has looked ok, but not up to he previous standard.

Luiz has looked ok to good at times.

Thats it. 

I've seen more effort in testimonial games

We will be in the championship next season with a large majority of this squad, minus grealish, McGinn, luiz and probably mings, will wesley want to stick around? Can see him leaving on loan

Worrying times

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s hard to see where a goal will come from let alone a win.

I was going to make a mini review of each player but most of them are not good enough for this level.

Jack has looked ok, but not up to he previous standard.

Luiz has looked ok to good at times.

Thats it. 

I've got no idea who is getting us the goals. 

Apart from Jack I don't think any of attacking players start for any other team in the league. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I've seen more effort in testimonial games

We will be in the championship next season with a large majority of this squad, minus grealish, McGinn, luiz and probably mings, will wesley want to stick around? Can see him leaving on loan

Worrying times

Not sure I’d want Wesley anyway to be honest , doesn’t seem the type who would thrive in the championship 

To go into the season with just Wesley, Kodjia and Davis summed everything up, We’ve probably got one if not the worse forward line in the prem this season, none of them look like scoring 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

To go into the season with just Wesley, Kodjia and Davis summed everything up, We’ve probably got one if not the worse forward line in the prem this season, none of them look like scoring 

Absolutely.

Adding samatta and Baston has not been a success. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Morkery said:

There is no point wasting energy looking at other results. This team is not going to win another game.

We can’t conclude with that. How long did Watford wait for their first win? Hows their whole season form apart from the 6-8 mini run?

I’d be more satisfied if Watford failed to beat Southampton tomorrow. Let’s wait and see.

We need to atleast be in touch after our next two. I’d be over moon if we beat Liverpool but in reality not harming our goal differnce in these 3 games with our rivals not gaining points is the most important part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

As bad as West Ham are it wouldn't be the biggest shock to see them beat Burnley or home and Norwich away. They get two wins and with the GD we'd need 7 points. Even if we won v them on last day we'd need 4 points from the other 5 games. And also hoping West Ham wouldn't pick up any points from likes of Newcastle away and Watford at home.

We've blown the chance in last 10 days. I give us 5% chance now to finish outside of bottom 3 which is still probably higher than most on here.

I’m not saying staying up is likely, I’m just saying still lot to go. If other teams kept losing points then it will give us another chance. 
Let’s just look at it game at a time. If we’ve been playoff as we do now we’d have grind some draws, we wouldn’t have lost by huge margins.

What can we do but hoping? If our rivals won this week I’d agree with you, but let’s see. Hopefully they keep as bad. 

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I might not even watch the Liverpool and Man Utd games. (Although i probably will...) What's the point?

So obvious what is gonna happen.

Not sure I agree.

We could either:

1) Get thrashed

or

2) Take the lead against the run of play and then lose.

:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Not sure I agree.

We could either:

1) Get thrashed

or

2) Take the lead against the run of play and then lose.

:lol:

No chance in Liverpool being at the beach either.

Klopp is such a winner. He will want to break any point record and show us absolutely no mercy.

• Like 2

I think that's our chance gone for good now sadly. We will obviously lose the next 2 games i think that is clear which means the other 3 teams involved now have a 3 game opportunity to pull clear and leave us in an almost impossible position. I fully expect us to be 4 to 6 points from safety the next time we play a game we won't 100% lose which will leave us with 4 games to make up those points and an inferior goal difference.

We're gone.

Our chance were the games against Sheff Utd, Newcastle and today. We needed around 7 points from those to have a good chance and we only got 2.  It's all academic now i fear.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

the hard facts that face the club, this season is gone, the club will go down, 

which manager the board select to get villa on a consistent winning mentality , to which they they win the league & hold its own in the prem league.

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No chance in Liverpool being at the beach either.

Klopp is such a winner. He will want to break any point record and show us absolutely no mercy.

Yes they want to prove they are the best team ever in the Premier League by beating Man Citys record, when they do that they may just let up. I have finally accepted we are relegated. West Ham will do what they have to do, they have better players than us. 

• Like 1

I think when we get relegated (assuming we do - looks like we will), if we are intelligent we should be ok in terms of having a chance to come right back up.

If we can somehow magically keep the current team if we go down, then add to it, we should be ok, i know Grealish will go, but all our other players are on long contracts, i know its difficult to keep players if they want to leave, but we should make every effort to say "give us one season, lets get back up together and push on".

Mings, McGinn, Luiz, Engels, Targett, Wesley, Nakamba, Samatta etc etc are all on long contracts, hopefully we can get 1 season out of them on a promise that we will let them go if we dont come straight back up.

I expect Grealish to go at the end of the season regardless, so we need to get as much money as we can and re-invest it wisely.

With FFP not counting next season, if we can get 60-80m for Grealish, then add another 40m-60 odd, thats 100m-120m to invest while in the Championship, personally i would go with proven players who we know would do well in the Champ, like signing Buendia and Benrahma for what......60m the pair?, then adding a good DM and another CM.

In an ideal world, the squad could look like:

Heaton/Steer

Guilbert/Elmo  -  Konsa/Engels  -  Hause/Mings  -  Targett/Taylor

McGinn/Hourihane  -  Nakamba/NEW(30m)  -  Luiz/NEW(10m)

Buendia(30m)/Jota  -  Wesley/Samatta  -  Benrahma (30m)/El Ghazi

Squad Players - Barry/other youth players

That would leave 0 - 20m ish for any other signings Deano wants.

Sell or release - Grealish, Trezeguet, Lansbury, Bree, Nyland, Chester.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think when we get relegated (assuming we do - looks like we will), if we are intelligent we should be ok in terms of having a chance to come right back up.

If we can somehow magically keep the current team if we go down, then add to it, we should be ok, i know Grealish will go, but all our other players are on long contracts, i know its difficult to keep players if they want to leave, but we should make every effort to say "give us one season, lets get back up together and push on".

Mings, McGinn, Luiz, Engels, Targett, Wesley, Nakamba, Samatta etc etc are all on long contracts, hopefully we can get 1 season out of them on a promise that we will let them go if we dont come straight back up.

I expect Grealish to go at the end of the season regardless, so we need to get as much money as we can and re-invest it wisely.

With FFP not counting next season, if we can get 60-80m for Grealish, then add another 40m-60 odd, thats 100m-120m to invest while in the Championship, personally i would go with proven players who we know would do well in the Champ, like signing Buendia and Benrahma for what......60m the pair?, then adding a good DM and another CM.

In an ideal world, the squad could look like:

Heaton/Steer

Guilbert/Elmo  -  Konsa/Engels  -  Hause/Mings  -  Targett/Taylor

McGinn/Hourihane  -  Nakamba/NEW(30m)  -  Luiz/NEW(10m)

Buendia(30m)/Jota  -  Wesley/Samatta  -  Benrahma (30m)/El Ghazi

Squad Players - Barry/other youth players

That would leave 0 - 20m ish for any other signings Deano wants.

Sell or release - Grealish, Trezeguet, Lansbury, Bree, Nyland, Chester.

I'm still not happy with the strikers to be honest. I don't even rate them as any higher than mid-table Championship.

Something to give us a bit of hope - if Bourneouth lose 3-0 tomorrow and West Ham lose 5-0  in the week then we would come out of the relegation zone on goals scored, if they lose by bigger margins then we come out of the relegation zone on goal difference.