Relegation thread

Knutserov13

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We were going to be easily beaten by Sheff Utd apparently but we drew with them....

They got cheated of 3 points. If we are all about fact and truth here let's not just spew it when it suits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’d rather be positive/hopeful like GingerCollins than negative/depressed all the time like so many on this website.

I don’t think people are choosing to be anything, it’s just how they feel. Currently it’s looking very unlikely given the abysmal form, the remaining fixtures and the gap to safety.

Its not impossible though, if our strikers remember what they are employed to do we’ve got a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

If Watford dont gain another point, we still wont pass them.

We're 100% down.

I've deleted my originally intended response. 

Gggggggggrrrrrrruuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They got cheated of 3 points. If we are all about fact and truth here let's not just spew it when it suits.

Could’ve been over ruled by VAR but wasn’t.  We have been cheated by VAR this season several times...Palace comes to mind.  The point was that apparently we were going to be easily beaten by Sheff Utd and that wasn’t close to being the case was it.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but the same people whinging now will be whinging about something next season and the season afterwards.  I’d rather be positive/hopeful like GingerCollins than negative/depressed all the time like so many on this website.  Seems like a few on here hope we get relegated to prove them right....just feels twisted somehow on here sometimes.  Some on here are always negative season after season and I wonder why? What do they get out of being a fan? What do they get then about constantly writing negative things?  Not saying you but some on here.

i’m happy to be mocked, I’m used to it in life 😂

Agreed buts that's a whole can of different worms. If you can  work out why some people no matter what,  think good things will happen - whilst others tend to have the opposite approach , you be a very rich man.

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

When the inevitable does happen folks steer yourself to 46 seconds into this interview ( Oh and replace forest with villa )

Hate seeing him like that. Alcoholism is just horrible. What an awful end to a magical/thrilling management career. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The meltdow on here tonight is laughable 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Pff! There is no meltdown here.

What meltdown??

We're going to:-

Draw with Man Utd.

Win at Palace.

Win against Everton.

Lose to Arsenal.

Beat West Ham.

We're safe!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hate seeing him like that. Alcoholism is just horrible. What an awful end to a magical/thrilling management career. 

But a fantastically honest and blunt assessment of why they got relegated. No dean, your team didn't get relegated because Jack's the most fouled player in the league etc etc. Talks some brown.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What meltdown??

We're going to:-

Draw with Man Utd.

Win at Palace.

Win against Everton.

Lose to Arsenal.

Beat West Ham.

We're safe!

Bravo Applause GIF by Sky España - Find & Share on GIPHY

I'd be the guy still sitting down :D 

• Haha 2

Our only chance now is us picking up 2 wins or a win and 2 draws while watford lose every single flipping game they have against Newcastle, Westham, Man City and Arsenal.

Now were asking a tall order from a bunch of players who have regularly not found form throughout the season, asking for the impossible now I think.

The great escape is what it would be with watford now 4 points in front of us.

See you all in the championship where I hope we make the right changes to play football again properly.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Our only chance now is us picking up 2 wins or a win and 2 draws while watford lose every single flipping game they have against Newcastle, Westham, Man City and Arsenal.

Now were asking a tall order from a bunch of players who have regularly not found form throughout the season, asking for the impossible now I think.

The great escape is what it would be with watford now 4 points in front of us.

See you all in the championship where I hope we make the right changes to play football again properly.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

why 7? Cant see Watford winning against Newcastle, W Ham, Man City or Arsenal.  We obviously need 4 to be level with them....goal difference then becomes an issue as we are 4 GD behind them.  They may scrape a draw....I'm thinking 2 wins and we'll be ok.

Forget about whether we can get those points for this discussion...are you thinking Watford will win another game or will get 3 draws re the 7 points?

Dont know Man city have lost 7 away games this season. Newcastle need to do us a favour

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Dont know Man city have lost 7 away games this season. Newcastle need to do us a favour

Maybe it's high time Aston Villa get up of their hole and do Aston Villa a favour .

• Like 1

The predictions are very noble....here are the facts.

since Lockdown this is the points tally so far :

Brighton - 7

Watford -4

West Ham -4

Villa -2

Bournemouth -0

Norwich-0

I'm going to light a candle and hope for Divine Intervention....that is pretty much how the bottom 6 will finish....head above parapet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The predictions are very noble....here are the facts.

since Lockdown this is the points tally so far :

Brighton - 7

Watford -4

West Ham -4

Villa -2

Bournemouth -0

Norwich-0

I'm going to light a candle and hope for Divine Intervention....that is pretty much how the bottom 6 will finish....head above parapet.

Bournemouth have signed some wasters on ridiculous wages. If by a miracle from McGrath we stayed up, id take Lewis Cook. Ake is a bit of a hype job even. Gonna be some shop sale when they go down.