Generic Virus Thread

villakram

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Get on the Vit D kids (for the record, I've been taking it since about May when I first read about some other research)

UPI.com

May also explain why people with darker skin are more susceptible as I think the further away from the equator you are, people with darker skin process Vit D from sunlight less efficiently than fair skinned people, I seem to remember from some other thing I was reading years ago

Low levels of Vitamin D have also been linked to my 'favourite' illness, MS. I try to make my kids take a dose of it everyday. But be careful not to take too much as you can overdose on it.

Edited by bielesibub
smelling pistake

7 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

Low levels of Vitamin D have also been linked to my 'favourite' illness, MS. I try to make my kids take a dose of it everyday. But be careful not to take too much as you can overdose on it.

Yep, definitely. I only take a few squirts of spray every three days or so. Too much is definitely not good

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Get on the Vit D kids (for the record, I've been taking it since about May when I first read about some other research)

UPI.com

May also explain why people with darker skin are more susceptible as I think the further away from the equator you are, people with darker skin process Vit D from sunlight less efficiently than fair skinned people, I seem to remember from some other thing I was reading years ago

Yeah i take it too been takingvit for a while tbh 

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair though, it may be a similar picture in this country soon enough.

I've also wondered about the knock-on effect in 'University' towns and cities, i.e. places where there is a significant change to the (active) population when these places are open, and also in smaller places that are centres for boarding schools.

The issue here is about outbreaks in conditions where people are living together in numbers in close proximity (especially when and where these things traditionally happen, i.e. schools/education establishments over the autumn/winter) and what that means for the (immediate) wider area.

On 01/09/2020 at 21:59, bickster said:

There is very little connection between the two pandemics. Spanish Flu for starters affected and killed large numbers of young adults (It attacked those with better imune systems!). I'm sure I also read that basic hygenie and malnourishment (cause - WW1) increased bacterial infection and it was this that caused most of the deaths and not the virus itself There were also 4 waves of Spanish Flu

The other big problem was fever - anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin were not yet widely available. High temperatures are rather more manageable today. 

• Like 1

Le Tissier has made some comparison between mask wearers and the people who killed Anne Frank acting lawfully.

This has unsurprisingly annoyed some people so it's trending on Twitter. Their classification really tickled me when I saw it.

image.png.d1e2c13e2130ba247b1ab0bc38000de8.png

• Like 1

Hardly known for being one of the great thinkers of our time, is he? 

I honestly don't get following footballers on social media. Almost without exception they're thick as shit and have nothing of value to say. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Le Tissier has made some comparison between mask wearers and the people who killed Anne Frank acting lawfully.

This has unsurprisingly annoyed some people so it's trending on Twitter. Their classification really tickled me when I saw it.

image.png.d1e2c13e2130ba247b1ab0bc38000de8.png

He’s deleted it now as it was “taken out of context”... sure, sure.

I’ve just arrived to watch my lad play a junior league football match. For Covid reasons all the parents must stand together in a huddle in the corner of the car park until the game starts.

Obviously it would be unsafe to be stood spaced out at the side of the pitch 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Where are you getting yours from, Bicks?

Amazon, best to buy the Vit D + Vit K2 spray as the K2 counteracts some of the effects of too much D if you accidentally take too much

The one I have says 30 daily doses but I'm not taking anywhere near that much as I'm not taking it daily and I'm not taking it three times a day. I'm just chucking a little extra into me so I take it very much in moderation

• Like 1

The US of A has now surpassed Donald Trumps' favorite warning example Sweding in every imaginable cathegory when it comes to Covid-19. Including deaths/ 1 million population.

Sweden has still made a mess out of a lot of things but the US still manages to be worse in every way.

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve just arrived to watch my lad play a junior league football match. For Covid reasons all the parents must stand together in a huddle in the corner of the car park until the game starts.

Obviously it would be unsafe to be stood spaced out at the side of the pitch 🤦‍♂️ 

Actually we’re watching the whole game from this corner of the car park. Safety measures that are less safe than “normal” activity. Dick heads. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Actually we’re watching the whole game from this corner of the car park. Safety measures that are less safe than “normal” activity. Dick heads. 

We currently aren’t allowed any spectators, the FAW are considering trialling allowing up to 100 spectators in a selected area of the ground with no movement around the ground allowed.

Ordinarily, we would have an attendance of about 300, spread across 2,500 seats and a large standing area.

It’s nothing short of stupid.

• Like 1

Â