Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think the kids are less at risk than the grandparents that will be picking them up at 3:30pm, I think that’s where the problem could be.

That’s a good point, fortunately for us 1 set of grand parents live in France and the others are lazy bastards who wouldn’t dream of offering to help.

We've just have an email stating as they have PE on Tuesday they need to go in a tracksuit and stay in it all day. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s a good point, fortunately for us 1 set of grand parents live in France and the others are lazy bastards who wouldn’t dream of offering to help.

We've just have an email stating as they have PE on Tuesday they need to go in a tracksuit and stay in it all day. 

I suspect that far from freeing people up to return to their offices, the need to sort of semi shield granny is going to be a compelling case for people to stay home and incorporate the school run in to their wfh routine.

• Like 1

Spreading it around the family after school is obviously a risk, but there's also the risk to teachers being crammed in a small, packed room with 30+ kids who don't need to wear any kind of face coverings. 

If I were a teacher, I think that at this point I'd feel fairly certain my health and well being is considered unimportant and politically inconvenient.

FWIW, I agree wholeheartedly that we need to get kids back in school, and the benefits outweigh the risks to the children. I just think there may have been some middle ground between "Everyone stay home and don't worry about education" and "Everyone pile in, life's back to normal".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Spreading it around the family after school is obviously a risk, but there's also the risk to teachers being crammed in a small, packed room with 30+ kids who don't need to wear any kind of face coverings. 

If I were a teacher, I think that at this point I'd feel fairly certain my health and well being is considered unimportant and politically inconvenient.

FWIW, I agree wholeheartedly that we need to get kids back in school, and the benefits outweigh the risks to the children. I just think there may have been some middle ground between "Everyone stay home and don't worry about education" and "Everyone pile in, life's back to normal".

I was expecting some compromise. Either 1 week on, 1 week off (with work set to be completed at home), or alternating days in/out of school.

If they were going to go all in I expected some temporary class room spaces to have popped up in the 5 months that have passed.

This has got the feeling of Tory f**k up number 625 of the year. 

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you live in an affluent area then?

I do thank you. In fact, Solihull has the highest number of millionaires outside of London!

We have a magnificent aray of golf courses to cater for all abilities. You should try it, you never know,you might like it 😏

Toodle pip!!

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Scottish schools returned a couple of weeks ago, I believe there is a school in Dundee where something like 39 cases have been identified, mostly among the teachers, which would suggest either the teachers are all touching each other, or the problem with kids is that they can be carriers.

twitter says 39, NHS Tayside says 34, you pays your money and takes your choice

Thanks for the reply,interesting reading. I guess we wait for the outcome in Scotland and then change the advice again to suit

1 hour ago, welnik said:

I do thank you. In fact, Solihull has the highest number of millionaires outside of London!

We have a magnificent aray of golf courses to cater for all abilities. You should try it, you never know,you might like it 😏

Toodle pip!!

I play lots of golf to be honest. I just don't feel the need to remind people every day that I do in some sort of "look at me I play golf so I'm probably richer than you" sort of way. 

You know, in the same way I wouldn't needlessly tell everyone I live in an affluent area for no reason.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We’ve been promised an update on the WFH arrangements during September, and to stay away from the office if we can until advised otherwise. 

Same. People are free to come into the office if they want or need to, but it's on a strict rota kind of thing. You have to put your name down and if there's too many people to effectively social distance then you can't come in.

There's no appetite to get people back in the office this side of christmas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welnik said:

Toodle pip!!

I think that confirms that you are Graham's "golf buddy".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

By the way guys I live in an affluent area. Oh and I play golf. And drive a mercedes.

Mods could we maybe pin this to the top of the forum so that EVERYBODY knows that I definitely play golf, and drive a merc, and live in an affluent area?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

By the way guys I live in an affluent area. Oh and I play golf. And drive a mercedes.

Mods could we maybe pin this to the top of the forum so that EVERYBODY knows that I definitely play golf, and drive a merc, and live in an affluent area?

But can't afford socks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â