Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Well, it was only a matter of time. Wonder if Trump still eats them or if his promotion campaign is over now that him or his buddies no doubt has made their money off it.

The F.D.A. withdrew emergency approval for malaria drugs promoted by Trump.

The Food and Drug Administration said Monday that it was revoking emergency authorization of two malaria drugs to treat Covid-19, saying that they are “unlikely to be effective.”

The drugs, hydroxychloroquine and a related drug, chloroquine, were heavily promoted by President Trump after a handful of small, poorly controlled studies showed that they could work in treating the disease.

Mr. Trump even took hydroxychloroquine after he was exposed to two people who had tested positive for the coronavirus. The agency said that after reviewing some data, it had determined that the drugs, particularly hydroxychloroquine, did not demonstrate benefits that outweighed their risks. Earlier this year, the F.D.A. issued a warning that the drugs could cause alarming heart arrhythmias.

In March, the F.D.A. authorized stockpiles of the drugs to be used in hospitals to treat patients with the virus. But in a letter Monday revoking the authorization, the agency said that further studies have shown that the two drugs were unlikely to be effective in stopping the virus, and that current national treatment guidelines don’t recommend using them outside of clinical trials.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/15/world/coronavirus-live-updates.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage#link-76cb864c

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg has ordered an immediate investigation - he wants to know why they've omitted Ethiopia, Ceylon, Rhodesia and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You guys should move over here, where there is all sorts of concern about Trump planning a rally next week, but hardly a peep about the massive protests happening all over. Politics or propaganda?

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m pretty sure it’s The Abyssinia 

No, that's someone @bickster put on a night for in the 80's. He played snooker on a table propped up with Red Stripe crates and saw Fiona Gurnaghan from the Stolen Citroen's play in front of 5 people.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

No, that's someone @bickster put on a night for in the 80's. He played snooker on a table propped up with Red Stripe crates and saw Fiona Gurnaghan from the Stolen Citroen's play in front of 5 people.

I'd have dearly loved to have put on The Abyssinians, I have a number of their tunes in my collection

You're wrong though, they'd have pulled a crowd. Reggae always did well in Liverpool in the 80's

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't believe that you don't see a significant difference between a grassroots uprising of people deciding they've had enough of police brutality and oppression deciding that the cause is worth the risk, vs political rallies organised by the goddamn president, getting his supporters to sign a waiver to say they can't sue if they get the virus.

The important part was the question and is the question. 

This seemed relevant given the behavior of the UK government being actively discussed in recent pages. Try not to get always attracted to the bright shiny orange colored thing.

Â