Generic Virus Thread

villakram

How many months in are we now? Where is the tracking and isolating solution? They keep announcing new ways of opening things up without a way of preventing the next spike. Doing one without the other is condemning people to death.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Straggler said:

How many months in are we now? Where is the tracking and isolating solution? They keep announcing new ways of opening things up without a way of preventing the next spike. Doing one without the other is condemning people to death.

Exactly. We were locked down due to the risk of death and potential load on the NHS. This hasnt changed but now we are opening up. 

14 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I know it has nothing to do with Europe. My point is the number of votes he got isn't evidence of anything apart from him being a poor campaigner and not politically savvy. It's a complete strawman.

Speaking for myself, I supported him throughout his time as leader as he was always the better alternative and I didn't think it was constructive to batter the man for every tiny thing while excusing the actual party in power as it's what we expect from them.

I definitely also got caught up in the siege mentality because of the amount of absolute bollocks being written about him. Also how much people were willing to excuse the government with pure selfish motives as they wore better suits.

Fair enough mate. But in my view he was a terrible leader for labour. He was weak against a weak leader in may and even worse against johnson.

Alot of his policies sucked. He was dithering on his stance with brexit.  He was a shambles against antisemitism in the party. He massively let down alot of labour supporters.

He was so unpopular even northerners who loathe conservatives voted for them over him.

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Replace daily mail with any media outlet, the mail is just an easy one to throw in there.

But then the same can be said about people saying the uk has the highest death rate in Europe believing what the media are saying so whats the difference? You cant say media influence how people vote then saying aomething else being fed to us ny the media!

None of us know if the figures are being manipulated by other countries. Mexico for example they are having massive issues i suspect the death toll is a lot higher than beong reported and i think the same with some of our european friends 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is it 100% confirmed the day trip was his wife’s birthday as nobody else seems to pick up on it? 

I'm pretty sure.

His wife's birthday is 12th April, I've googled that. And as far as I can tell Cummings himself has confirmed that was the day he went to Barnard Castle.

I think  the Mirror had it included in thier story but it's literally the on;y place I've seen it reported.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But then the same can be said about people saying the uk has the highest death rate in Europe believing what the media are saying so whats the difference? You cant say media influence how people vote then saying aomething else being fed to us ny the media!

None of us know if the figures are being manipulated by other countries. Mexico for example they are having massive issues i suspect the death toll is a lot higher than beong reported and i think the same with some of our european friends 

A lot of obvious rags for years put out a relentless campaign to undermine Corbyn. I'm not sure it's exactly the same thing.

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

A lot of obvious rags for years put out a relentless campaign to undermine Corbyn. I'm not sure it's exactly the same thing.

I also think its wrong to suggest the media influenced everyone's decision in not liking him. I simply do not accept that that much of the UK population voted against him purely based on what they read.

He has to take responsibility for his performance i am afraid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But then the same can be said about people saying the uk has the highest death rate in Europe believing what the media are saying so whats the difference?

They aren't numbers from the media. The media report the official figures. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I also think its wrong to suggest the media influenced everyone's decision in not liking him. I simply do not accept that that much of the UK population voted against him purely based on what they read.

Whilst I wasn't a big Corbyn fan myself, I think that is EXACTLY what happened.

A huge amount of people will tell you they hate Corbyn, but if you ask them why they'll say they don't know.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

They aren't numbers from the media. The media report the official figures. 

But you missed the point where i stated how do we know other countries are not covering up their figures?

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But then the same can be said about people saying the uk has the highest death rate in Europe believing what the media are saying so whats the difference?

The difference is that's not the media. Those are facts.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Whilst I wasn't a big Corbyn fan myself, I think that is EXACTLY what happened

A huge amount of people will tell you they hate Corbyn, but if you ask them why they'll say they don't know.

Guess that depends on the people you speak with. The ones i spoke with stated it was because they had no faith in him being able to be a string leader that the country needs. Also that they didnt like his policies and the racism in the party.

• Like 1

Â