Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 hours ago, Genie said:

The Covid enquiry details really make my blood boil. Testimony after testimony that Johnson and Hancock were out of control, useless, absent, arrogant, broken when thousands of lives and livelihoods were in the line. 
They really should have both been relieved of their responsibilities a long, long time ago.

It really is a complete and uttee shit show. I dont want to defend that bafoon boris but i would have hated to be PM at that time.

It was literally impossible to keep everyone happy. Any person i think would have had difficulty at that period.

The things that **** me off was the corruption money to his mates and having parties while others couldnt see relatives in carehomes or couldnt go to funerals. 

But the two things i will gove him was gambling and getting vaccines out early, and keeping people in jobs/supporting them financially.  Other that they **** everything else up

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It really is a complete and uttee shit show. I dont want to defend that bafoon boris but i would have hated to be PM at that time.

It was literally impossible to keep everyone happy. Any person i think would have had difficulty at that period.

The things that **** me off was the corruption money to his mates and having parties while others couldnt see relatives in carehomes or couldnt go to funerals. 

But the two things i will gove him was gambling and getting vaccines out early, and keeping people in jobs/supporting them financially.  Other that they **** everything else up

It was always a balancing act of keeping people healthy versus keeping the economy afloat.

It was reported at the time that the UK had the most deaths per 100k of population, and the biggest economic collapse of the g7 or g20 I can’t remember which.

Boris didn’t even go to the early COBRA meetings on Covid as it was developing in China and we ended up on the back foot with ordering PPE as a result.

Thats before they squandered billions of pounds of our money letting their friends create new businesses overnight and writing their own cheques, and partying all day every day.

They **** everything up, and deserve absolutely no credit at all.

• Like 2

Sir Patrick Vallance says the Eat Out to Help Out scheme is "highly likely" to have increased Covid deaths in the UK

Vallance has also criticised Matt Hancock - the health secretary at the time - alleging that he said things "too enthusiastically and too early... without having any evidence"

How are these people not in jail? It looked like a terrible idea AT THE TIME.

link

Edited by Genie

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

How are these people not in jail? It looked like a terrible idea AT THE TIME.

link

Indeed. People love to play the captain hindsight card, but I'm sure you can read back to the pages on this very forum at that time and see that just plain old regular sight was sufficient.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It shows the state of our press that allowed them, encouraged and praised them throughout. 

All. The. Big. Calls. Right.🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It shows the state of our press that allowed them, encouraged and praised them throughout. 

It goes beyond that as a lot of the press aren't now giving what is coming out in this enquiry the level of coverage it warrants. It is disgusting how low even the right wing rags/media have sunk over the last 5-6 years especially when you consider they were already lower than a Dachshunds foreskin.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It goes beyond that as a lot of the press aren't now giving what is coming out in this enquiry the level of coverage it warrants. It is disgusting how low even the right wing rags/media have sunk over the last 5-6 years especially when you consider they were already lower than a Dachshunds foreskin.

These revelations should be front page news, but I bet they aren’t

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Johnson and Hancock were out of control, useless, absent, arrogant, broken when thousands of lives and livelihoods were in the line. 

Yeah, but Johnson is a right laff. He was funny on the telly.  And remember that aerial runway stunt and his daft hair. 

They should bring him back. Got all the big calls right at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

Being 'anti-vax' for Covid vaccines, I kinda *don't* have a problem with. It was rushed through out of necessity, but they governments absolutely had the right to restrict you based on non-compliance if those were the conditions set.

Any mainstream anti-vax opinion can get in the bin though. Kids need them to ensure that deadly diseases that we wiped out don't come back and cause thousands of deaths

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Being 'anti-vax' for Covid vaccines, I kinda *don't* have a problem with. It was rushed through out of necessity, but they governments absolutely had the right to restrict you based on non-compliance if those were the conditions set.

Any mainstream anti-vax opinion can get in the bin though. Kids need them to ensure that deadly diseases that we wiped out don't come back and cause thousands of deaths

Too late. That Genie is out of the bottle. 

Next couple of decades is going to be brutal I think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Too late. That Genie is out of the bottle. 

Next couple of decades is going to be brutal I think. 

Yep my worry is if another pandemic happens in the near future…the anti vax wackos have already got their conspiracy environment and will just dig in further and if the next virus is even 1% more potent we could be looking at ten’s or hundred’s of millions of deaths.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Needs to be a big investigation into how the virus freaking started and where it came from. This seems to have been swept under the carpet.

Other than several well reported big investigations into how the virus freaking started you mean? 

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Needs to be a big investigation into how the virus freaking started and where it came from. This seems to have been swept under the carpet.

The problem is it was China, and they are working hard to cover it up (because the bill will be trillions).

We know it was Wuhan, and we know Wuhan has a massive lab where they handle this exact type of virus so it’s almost certainly leaked out of that facility somehow.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem is it was China, and they are working hard to cover it up (because the bill will be trillions).

We know it was Wuhan, and we know Wuhan has a massive lab where they handle this exact type of virus so it’s almost certainly leaked out of that facility somehow.

Haven’t there been a couple of investigations and yes they basically came down to the mad exotic wet meat market, or the covid lab across the road that had a poor safety record.

Which one you choose to believe depends on your politics.

• Like 1

Â