Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

So we're nearing the end of Winter and this has barely been in the news. Is this the end of it now? Is it just a type of flu now? 

I'm wondering if they'll even bother with future vaccinations.  Or is it just that the press have lost interest? 

The whole thing seems like a weird old dream now. 

I think they'll retain vaccinations - much in the same way as the flu.  It's still pretty rampant anecdotally, but I don't think there are many related deaths anymore.

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

So we're nearing the end of Winter and this has barely been in the news. Is this the end of it now? Is it just a type of flu now? 

I'm wondering if they'll even bother with future vaccinations.  Or is it just that the press have lost interest? 

Whispers quietly - it always was.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Has it evolved to a weaker strain, or is it the vaccinations at work? Or both?

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've only goddam got the Rona. First time as far as I'm aware 

So that is what was going around the music festival 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Get yourself to the Quarantine Shed.

(Swift recovery fella).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Get well soon fella. 

I wouldn't even think of testing of myself if I was ill now. Not out of any rebellion, but it just wouldn't cross my mind. I guess it may be different if you have vulnerable family etc. 

• Thanks 1

Serious respect for anyone who went through this before the vaccine was developed. 

Think I've had 4 doses so far.  I just can't imagine how bad it must have been without it. 

I'm definitely going to pay for the vaccine if it becomes available commercially which they're suggesting. 

• Confused 1

I had a headache on day one, and 2 or 3 days of blocked nose and that was it.

Its mad how differently it effects different people. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I had a headache on day one, and 2 or 3 days of blocked nose and that was it.

Its mad how differently it effects different people. 

I'm an asthmatic and was pretty concerned over the coughing/wheezing stuff when it first hit (I mean, it was wild how badly people were suffering).  Have had every booster going since...

...but both times I've had Covid, it hasn't been on my chest at all :D  Just like mega tired, headaches, aching body; but zero impact on my breathing and any aspect that I thought would impact me the most.

Hope you get well soon @sidcow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm an asthmatic and was pretty concerned over the coughing/wheezing stuff when it first hit (I mean, it was wild how badly people were suffering).  Have had every booster going since...

...but both times I've had Covid, it hasn't been on my chest at all :D  Just like mega tired, headaches, aching body; but zero impact on my breathing and any aspect that I thought would impact me the most.

I had Covid twice, both times caught it on holiday, luckily towards the end of the holiday. Bad news for everyone else on the plane home though  (in my defence, although there’s not a lot I could do about it I didn’t think I had covid either time until my wife told me to do a test at home).

Both times symptoms exactly the same, never effected my chest or breathing at all

It was a long way after the virus first broke so I assume that first strain was the absolute MF that was potent and making people seriously ill. I got the watered down Nerf version I think.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Thanks. That's me so far though when I woke up this morning I did have a proper wheezy cough with a lot of phlegm. 

But essentially just wiped out, headache, can't eat. Want to sleep all day. 

I texted Mrs Sidcow an order of Crumpets (only thing I can eat) and coffee 15 minutes ago and nothing has arrived yet. You can't get the staff these days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I texted Mrs Sidcow an order of Crumpets (only thing I can eat) and coffee 15 minutes ago and nothing has arrived yet. You can't get the staff these days. 

She loves looking after her honey bunny

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9529k3mv1m3aqh1zp6uetg

• Haha 2

Â