Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

In my working days I'd quite often have been glad of a pandemic to cancel a few of our excruciating office parties. 

Our office party has just been cancelled. 

Rumours are that more covid rules are about to be announced. I really worry for hospitality.  No financial assistance currently yet they're losing all those valuable Christmas parties, I'm expecting new work from home orders so sandwich shops and lunchtime drinking venues in Town probably going to get hammered again. 

I've done a positive lateral, awaiting PCR now.

I would imagine the most likely place I would have caught it would have been the Man City game last Wednesday although I did do a negative on Saturday.

Couldn't go to the Leicester game which it seems now is blessing for anyone in L2.

The Omicron variant spreads quicker than greased weasel shit off a shovel, they'll need to instill restrictions even if it's less severe in the illness it causes, just because it'll cause so much spread it'll cripple infrastructure if allowed to run uninhibited.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Our office party has just been cancelled. 

Rumours are that more covid rules are about to be announced. I really worry for hospitality.  No financial assistance currently yet they're losing all those valuable Christmas parties, I'm expecting new work from home orders so sandwich shops and lunchtime drinking venues in Town probably going to get hammered again. 

Well best of luck to the government trying to enforce that now! Bunch of idiots they are.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pfizer saying booster jab protects against Omnicron variant (not got a link yet but came up on NBC news alert)

That’s raining on the parade of the anti-vax mob. Double win.

• Like 1

I'm walking up for my booster on Saturday. Had two Modernas in March. I hear there is talk of good combinations or is this bollocks? I have a choice between Moderna, Pfizer and AZ. I was simply going to go for another Moderna.

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pfizer saying booster jab protects against Omnicron variant (not got a link yet but came up on NBC news alert)

I like the sound of that.I have had 2xAZ and Pfizer booster due in early Jan.

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm walking up for my booster on Saturday. Had two Modernas in March. I hear there is talk of good combinations or is this bollocks? I have a choice between Moderna, Pfizer and AZ. I was simply going to go for another Moderna.

I think it's pretty much universally accepted that mixing jabs gives the best results

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Travel is a luxury. Tell that to my sister who went through cancer and I didn’t see and my ageing parents. 

15 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Sorry to hear. It doesn't particularly compare, but my parents didn't see my nephew between the age of one and three years old (the latter of those being six weeks ago) due to travel restrictions.

Hardly the end of the world, but for grandparents in their 70s, that doesn't really feel like something all that frivolous. Or luxurious.

I'm also sorry to hear that Stefan. And I also haven't seen my nephew for 2 years, or my niece in her life at all, and my wife missed her grandmother's funeral. Travel restrictions are terrible, and it gets very tiresome hearing from smug people about 'holidays' and whatever else. Anyone who makes light of the consequences of travel restrictions immediately drops much lower in my regard; even if it doesn't affect a person individually, it surely can't take all that much empathetic imagination to conceive of large groups of people who *are* negatively affected by them.

Supposed to be going to Canada on the 19th, will it happen? Will I be able to get back? Who **** knows 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Anyone who makes light of the consequences of travel restrictions immediately drops much lower in my regard; even if it doesn't affect a person individually, it surely can't take all that much empathetic imagination to conceive of large groups of people who *are* negatively affected by them.

Apologies if this includes my comment earlier in the thread - was joking and I will of course follow all the rules if I can get away and visit my friend. Just irritated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Apologies if this includes my comment earlier in the thread - was joking and I will of course follow all the rules if I can get away and visit my friend. Just irritated.

Truthfully I hadn't noticed it; am now going to go back and find it and hate-read it thinking about what a bastard you are 😂

• Haha 1

Â