Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm honestly just not **** doing it anymore. My moral compass will be my guidance, not this government.

In places people have to be, I will maintain distance and wear a mask - I've never let up in doing that since the pandemic started, on buses, in shops, etc. Regardless of whatever guidelines are in force, it's right to consider people who are vulnerable and people who can't be vacinnated.

In places people choose to be, I'll go with the flow. I'm comfortable going to gigs, and if other people are happy to be in a mosh pit with me, so be it. In pubs if there's space and people are keeping distance, I will respect that but if others are happy to cram in, me too. If mates want to hang out and to balls with any government guidelines on how/where we do it, then great, we're consenting adults making an informed choice.

I'll respect other people and give them space if they look to want it, but I won't respect what the government tells me to do.

Looks like you’ll be using a covid pass instead. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Looks like you’ll be using a covid pass instead. 

Ha, yeah. I'm fine with that tbh. I'm queueing to get into a gig tonight and they're already doing this. I'm not objecting to any and all measures or trying to look well 'ard by sticking it to the man, I'm just not willing to sacrifice any more time with family and friends  if we're all happy to take the risk - but the announcement tonight has been less intrusive emasures than I anticipated, so it was a bit of an angry rant about something that hasn';t happened, yet.

Our isolation ends tomorrow. Looking forward to going to the hospital for a check up on my thumb . I’ve been taking the dogs out twice a day keeping my distance from people, and although I won’t be doing much different the next few days it’s nice to be able to get out and mix if I want to. Back at work Monday which I’m kind of looking forward to. Feel sorry for the people that are really getting effected by these restrictions. They don’t impact me as much but I understand it’s a killer for some of you . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Because of course Christmas parties are fine.

I assume it's to try and protect hospitality venues from missing out on another Christmas.  You have to weigh up these sort of things as well as keeping mixing down as much as possible.  It's a tough balancing act.

Edited by sharkyvilla
Can't believe I wrote 'way' instead of 'weigh'
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I assume it's to try and protect hospitality venues from missing out on another Christmas.  You have to way up these sort of things as well as keeping mixing down as much as possible.  It's a tough balancing act.

A good point, the hospitality industry are going to be really hit if all the parties are cancelled.

It’s pretty funny that on one hand they’re predicting a scary few weeks, cases rocking up and doubling every 2-3 days. 1000-2000 a day going into hospital, 90,000 daily cases

then on the other hand telling people to go out to parties.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s pretty funny that on one hand they’re predicting a scary few weeks, cases rocking up and doubling every 2-3 days. 1000-2000 a day going into hospital, 90,000 daily cases

then on the other hand telling people to go out to parties.

Parties at venues where they know you won't get in without proving vaccinations and/or infection free so, basically, they've thought it through more than most of the critics out there !

Yep, a lot of rules will seem nonsensical and apparently opposing but they're trying to do 2 different things. 

I guess it's like the fatties who have a diet drink then eat a bag of chips.  You might say that's stupid, but it WOULD patently be worse to have a bag of chips and a full fat coke. 

If people going into the office accounts for 20% of cases and people in clubs bars, theatres etc accounts for 80% of cases, you're still going to have a better outcome by stopping people going into offices and reducing the cases by 20% without crippling hospitality and needing to reinstate furlough which no one can afford. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I’m doubled jabbed and have the NHS to show my pass, but my son has only had his first jab. Looking online it says sporting events will need a pass and you can obtain one by either being doubled jabbed (like myself) or a negative LFT. 

Is the negative LFT something you produce at the event or something you log on the app ? 

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Parties at venues where they know you won't get in without proving vaccinations and/or infection free so, basically, they've thought it through more than most of the critics out there !

I think a lot of parties will be at venues with less than 500 people in attendance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m doubled jabbed and have the NHS to show my pass, but my son has only had his first jab. Looking online it says sporting events will need a pass and you can obtain one by either being doubled jabbed (like myself) or a negative LFT. 

Is the negative LFT something you produce at the event or something you log on the app ? 

I think you show the text message that confirms the result (hardly fool proof but there you go).

5 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Unless these Christmas parties are happening at nightclubs or arenas (maybe Boris could do a tour…) then there will be no proof required on entry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Probably have to pay for one at the venue.

If people don't want to get vaccinated then it's upto them , they are at greater risk of severe symptoms. Why do they have to be made to have them, it makes me think about not having my booster a thought I hadnt had before this announcement

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Probably have to pay for one at the venue.

If people don't want to get vaccinated then it's upto them , they are at greater risk of severe symptoms. Why do they have to be made to have them, it makes me think about not having my booster a thought I hadnt had before this announcement

because you want some severe symptoms? 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think you show the text message that confirms the result (hardly fool proof but there you go).

Thanks for the reply mate. Excuse my ignorance but I have packs and packs of LFT’s at home, i though when you went somewhere to have a test, ie somewhere that would text you the result, it was a PCR rather than a LFT? 

Even I’m at the end of my tether and I’ve been really quite careful all along this horrible nightmare since day one. I’ll wear my mask when shopping and where required as I always have but I’m still meeting up with mates this weekend and I’m still going to my moms for Xmas dinner as well. I’m double jabbed and boosted as are all my mates and all my family.

I’m currently of the opinion that while the jab shouldn’t be mandatory I’m more than happy to restrict the unvaccinated from mixing with everyone else and ruining it for everyone through their selfish actions. Why should they be able to go about life as normal? **** ‘em. Word removed’s. As for what the gov’t decide for us plebs? As @Davkaussaid, **** ‘em to hell too. 

• Like 2

Â