Generic Virus Thread

villakram

the wife messaged me that one of the other things ze germans are considering tomorrow is a 300 euro bonus to everyone who has had the jab 😳

thats mental if true

we have the highest number of cases since it all started, the 3G has dropped to 2G and they're now including stuff like carnival and the xmas markets, you want a beer at the market you have to either be vaccinated or show a negative test that you paid for, Bonn city centre is back to compulsary masks everywhere, inside and outside

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Do you have any data into who in the world isn't given an option of vaccination against COVID? It would be interesting to see. 

Our World in Data says just under half the worldwide population has not had a single jab.

52.3% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
7.56 billion doses have been administered globally, and 29.64 million are now administered each day. 
Only 4.8% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Our World in Data says just under half the worldwide population has not had a single jab.

Please correct me if I missed something, but I was wondering not how many people had the jab, but if there are any countries where people are not able to receive the vaccine. 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Please correct me if I missed something, but I was wondering not how many people had the jab, but if there are any countries where people are not able to receive the vaccine. 

If you click the link above, then the 4.8% hyperlink it takes you to a map of where people do or don’t have access to the vaccine.

Pretty much all of Africa is below 20% with lots nearer to 0%.

47-E96-DCE-B952-4170-AD50-C925-DE997-D27

Little old Bulgaria sticking out in Europe there. The arseclarts. 

They've just announced that, if year 7 and above want to return to school the school itself must pay for the tests. So I wonder which bollock brain Mitko lobbied for that.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

If you can honestly say that you've never been in a position where you may have been infectious with a disease and potentially infected others then I'll listen.

I agree with the rest of your post (and @Genie's, my info about transmission was significantly out of date/wrong), but I don't think what I personally get up to has got any bearing on what's right. I also drink drive (I don't, but you don't know that :P

1 hour ago, bickster said:

No they changed the rules, you get letter and invited for an appointment at 6 months (as before) but you can get one at 5 months

Where have you seen this?  All the stuff I can see talks about BOOKING it after 5 months but still seems to reference 6 months to actually have it.

• Like 1

Confusing information on NHS websites, the main when can I get a booster section states 5 months all the others state 6 months.

Has anyone here just walked in after 5 months since their 2nd jab and been able to get a booster?

I got a text from the NHS yesterday. When you go to the link that it provides www.nhs.uk/grab-a-jab it states that you need to have had your 2nd jab 6 months ago to be eligible for a booster. I’ve also seen elsewhere that it’s 5 months though. If there’s one that’s nearby and doing walk in boosters that’s not out of your way, maybe pop along and chance your luck. All they can say is no and make you come back I suppose.

• Like 1

Managed to book one online now but not until 6th December (my 6 months is up on 17th December) - go figure!

Its actually much easier and user friendly since the first and second wave of appointments. I had much more choice of centres and this time they were all strangely in the right direction.

There was a huge variance in dates available in each centre. The 6th was the earliest I was offered but in my first preference site it was as late as 17th, so shop around the sites the appointment times do vary wildly

I'm comfortable with that date tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Confusing information on NHS websites, the main when can I get a booster section states 5 months all the others state 6 months.

Has anyone here just walked in after 5 months since their 2nd jab and been able to get a booster?

The theoretical rules are you can book after 5 months, but the appointment will be for 6 months after the 2nd jab.

Walk in places may let you get it early, but it's pot luck, I think.

edit - I see you've done the same as I did.

Managed to book one online now but not until 6th December (my 6 months is up on 17th December) - go figure!

Its actually much easier and user friendly since the first and second wave of appointments. I had much more choice of centres and this time they were all strangely in the right direction.

There was a huge variance in dates available in each centre. The 6th was the earliest I was offered but in my first preference site it was as late as 17th, so shop around the sites the appointment times do vary wildly

I'm comfortable with that date tbh

I read yesterday that two weeks after the booster, there’s a 95% reduced chance of getting symptomatic Covid, which if true would appear to be a game changer. I think it said the reduction in serious illness was even higher.

Also just seen that 16 year olds are now being advised to get a second dose, so that’ll be my eldest in two weeks.

• Like 1

My youngest had a positive LFT last Thursday morning followed by us all having a PCR , we didn’t get the results back until last night ! He was positive we were all negative, I’d already tested positive LFT yesterday morning so had been for another PCR and now awaiting results on that one , mayhem at the test centre 

3 hours ago, Chine said:

My youngest had a positive LFT last Thursday morning followed by us all having a PCR , we didn’t get the results back until last night ! He was positive we were all negative, I’d already tested positive LFT yesterday morning so had been for another PCR and now awaiting results on that one , mayhem at the test centre 

Sounds like a nightmare, hopefully everyone turns out OK.

I've had a bit of a dingdong email battle with the HR lady about them not paying me to isolate for 3 days waiting for my test result.  It's actually illegal not to isolate if you have symptoms isn't it?  So I had the option of not getting paid by work or possibly getting a fine for turning up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sounds like a nightmare, hopefully everyone turns out OK.

I've had a bit of a dingdong email battle with the HR lady about them not paying me to isolate for 3 days waiting for my test result.  It's actually illegal not to isolate if you have symptoms isn't it?  So I had the option of not getting paid by work or possibly getting a fine for turning up.  

Just had the positive PCR result, and I’ve filled in the track and trace ,it said somewhere during that about legally required to isolate for 10 days  and my wife if she had symptoms, my son is now much better just tired and I’m starting to feel a bit better but very achy, I’m double jabbed and my thought is that the vaccine has lessened the blow for me , was booked in for my booster on December 1st but will have to changed as you can’t have it within 30 days of the virus, I’m self employed so no dough coming in ! 

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/17/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-17-11-21/index.html

(CNN)You may need up to three Covid-19 vaccine doses to be considered fully vaccinated.

Waning vaccine immunity and rising infections due to the Delta variant has prompted wealthy nations to reconsider the definition of "fully vaccinated" -- which usually means two Covid-19 jabs.
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted as much on Monday, saying boosters were vital to prevent pandemic restrictions from being reintroduced. "It's very clear that getting three jabs -- getting your booster -- will become an important fact and it will make life easier for you in all sorts of ways," he told a press conference.

If they're not careful with the continuous moving of the goalposts, they're going to create a whole load of anti-vaxxers from people who were very pro-vaccine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/17/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-17-11-21/index.html

If they're not careful with the continuous moving of the goalposts, they're going to create a whole load of anti-vaxxers from people who were very pro-vaccine.

I'm not sure why you'd think this. It's been pretty much from the off that a continual cycle of boosters would be required. Just like you need a flu jab every year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure why you'd think this. It's been pretty much from the off that a continual cycle of boosters would be required. Just like you need a flu jab every year

Do you need a flu jab to live restriction free?

It's very clear that getting three jabs -- getting your booster -- will become an important fact and it will make life easier for you in all sorts of ways," 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you’re old and/or infirm.

The vast majority of the population have never considered needing a regular flu jab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do you need a flu jab to live restriction free?

You need a flu jab if you don't want to be off work with the flu and having to live on statutory sick pay

You need the correct vaccinations if you want to visit certain countries

I don't really see much difference

You have the choice not to be vaccinated but you also in making that choice are making a whole bunch of other decisions that you know will be the effect of that decision

• Like 2

Â