Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

One box?

That’s alright isn’t it, as a box contains 7 tests.

Yes, more than adequate. It was for information rather than me attempting to order more. I read that this was the case. That said I have been stockpiling since I read a charge was coming in for them. 

Currently my wife and daughter have to test every day so we get through over a box a week.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

I've just had another box delivered.  My parents are quite vulnerable so I take a test before going up to see them and I'm ashamed to say that I'm now stockpiling these things.  It shouldn't have to be this way. 

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are you suggesting its been invented, that the Queen and Bozo are in cohorts to fool the nation?

Is it not just more likely that like the vast majority of people who have Covid, she’s just not really that ill at all?

No, not suggesting that, more pointing out the coincidence and how it happens to play into the current government rules that are coming into force.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Remember when everyone piled in on those stockpiling goods from the supermarkets…………

Not long ago the supermarkets were handing them out as you walked in.  It is only down to the Government that there might be some (like me) who feel the need to order more to give reassurance in the near future that they are OK to see loved ones. 

Edited by trekka

1 hour ago, MellbergsBeard said:

But she works from home? I thought that would be a problem for these rags?

She's the biggest benefits layabout in the country

Her and her family's antics wouldn't be out of place in shameless

She's on light duties? Is that ringing a bell for the Butler to make her a cuppa?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Remember when everyone piled in on those stockpiling goods from the supermarkets…………

As I said, to be able to work my wife and daughter have to take a test every day. My stockpile consists of 3 boxes. In 5 days (the difference between when they can be ordered and when it would be delivered) if there was only one box in the house, one of them couldn't work. 

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

As I said, to be able to work my wife and daughter have to take a test every day. My stockpile consists of 3 boxes. In 5 days (the difference between when they can be ordered and when it would be delivered) if there was only one box in the house, one of them couldn't work. 

What do they do out of interest? If they have to have one every day, then their employer should start paying once they start costing. 

I'm sick of hearing the "Get back to work" mantra dished out by the Government and newspapers. I have been working you cheeky shits. I've worked hard at home for the last 2 years during this pandemic. 

Although working from home isn't good enough as a successful economy is based on commercial property company share prices and how many granola breakfasts and lattes Pret-a-Manger can sell on a daily basis. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

What do they do out of interest? If they have to have one every day, then their employer should start paying once they start costing. 

I am sure they will, both of them work in property services and visit schools and public buildings on a daily basis. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am sure they will, both of them work in property services and visit schools and public buildings on a daily basis. 

I'm not sure why they have to have a test everyday. Many people like myself are visiting public buildings on a daily basis and are not expected to take tests everyday.  Masks in certain places, but we are only expected to take a test if we show symptoms, however mild. NHS staff don't even do tests everyday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure why they have to have a test everyday. Many people like myself are visiting public buildings on a daily basis and are not expected to take tests everyday.  Masks in certain places, but we are only expected to take a test if we show symptoms, however mild. NHS staff don't even do tests everyday.

Schools demanded it and then it was a courtesy to ensure they weren't taking an infection in. I guess their employers didn't want their employees potentially harming others. 

Grauniad:

Boots is to offer individual lateral flow tests for as much as £5.99, including delivery, from Wednesday as retailers gear up for the end of widely available free tests.

The UK’s biggest pharmacy business said customers would be able to order one test online from Wednesday or pay £17 for a pack of four, including delivery within two days. These tests will include the option to send results to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) but they cannot be used for travel requiring a negative antigen test certificate.

From early March, Boots said it would be possible to pick up lateral flow tests in more than 400 of its stores for £2.50 for one or £12 for a pack of five. These cheaper tests will also be available online with four tests priced at £9.50. These tests don’t have the UKHSA reporting function.

...more on link

Was talking to the doctor neighbour again yesterday, and she was saying that they were coping OK in the hospital atm (most of the bad cases are the unvaxxed, natch). What she's finding curious is that the typical covid symptoms have changed a lot. Fever is still in, but the dry coughs seem to have been replaced by diarrhoea and vomiting. 

On 21/02/2022 at 11:37, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes, I also remember when people trying to say this looked likely to be a lab-leak were banned from social media and treated like Alex Jones.

*shocked face*

Just now, Awol said:

Yes, I also remember when people trying to say this looked likely to be a lab-leak were banned from social media and treated like Alex Jones.

*shocked face*

Who could have possibly thought there might be a link between the virus having originated in Wuhan and there just so happening to be a laboratory for virus creation and testing in the same city.

Oh and the fact that the Chinese are the most untrustworthy people on the planet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

*shocked face*

When Alina Chan put forward this last year, scientists disagreed. Now our government say it's most likely, we should ignore those scientists and accept that it was in fact lab created. After all our government is considered world beaters when it comes to honesty and following science. 

Â