Generic Virus Thread

villakram

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Exactly this. Like you, we're lucky - decent garden, relatively low population density and rural walks accessible on foot from our door. If you live in a high density city centre type area, with (say) a small park nearby, what are you going to do? 

It really comes to something when we're considering the virtues of punishing people for going out for a family walk.

I know these are exceptional times but still.

36 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I do Nazi a problem with things like this 👍

People sometimes use the level of collaboration in occupied France as a stick to beat them with. I’m not sure we’d have performed much better in the same circumstances.

Edit: but if my neighbours had 20 people round for a BBQ session I’d probably be tempted. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I do Nazi a problem with things like this 👍

I think I missed the bit where the Nazis  did something in order to save lives .

But ,  I took this to be that some members of the public are taking it upon themselves to report people via 101 and here is an alternative method for doing this please  ... rather than encouraging people to actively grass  on their neighbours 

• Like 1

With all the known caveats about NHS delays in reporting.. 936 new hospital deaths in UK yesterday according to the four nations individual reporting. 828 in England. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

It's a tricky answer, I think.

Would two people from the same household doing something in a private (though shared) outdoor space be against the regulations? No, I don't think so.

Is there a potential for problems to arise? Yes. Though you say that nobody uses the area, could you guarantee that nobody would use it when you are using it such that no 'gathering' would occur? If no, e.g. someone else from one of the other flats would come outside, too, and you'd be unable to keep to distancing, &c. then you would, I guess, be in danger of creating some sort of gathering.

And on a point that I mentioned previously to HV, I think you might want to consider where it could lead. Yes, no one may use it now but if you go out and have a BBQ tonight then others might think that's a good idea and be doing that tomorrow lunchtime and night and the next day and perhaps you might get in to a situation where either the space is too crowded or issues arise with some sort of de facto first come takes priority assertion of ownership of the area.

If it's a smallish block, you know your neighbours and can check with them then it might be worth doing so in advance. You could all come to some sort of rota arrangement or at least some sensible guide as to how you each use the area (all agree not to be out there for too long & so on).

Yeah there are only 6 flats so think we may check in with them. 2 of them are elderly and never really went outside before this. the grass is quite wide and surrounds the building so not an issue with space to be fair. I do get the point on others seeing though and following suit.

Like I say as a pair we have been really sensible but i need to do something, facetime my lad every day from a previous relationship. I know the rule is I am allowed to have him however I dont want to take any risks with him at all. Just feel like i need to get in the sunshine at least for a little bit, like I say I am now in my 4th week and its only the last day or so I have developed cabin fever. I think the lack of social contact is starting to get me down now as well. My Grandpa died from it last week and he lived up North, the worst part of it all is no one was allowed to visit my gran as she had to self isolate due to him having it. No one could give her a hug and only 8 people are allowed to the funeral. This disease really is horrid 😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I would totally grass someone for being out for no valid reason. In a heartbeat. 

How do you know they're out for no valid reason, also, what's valid to you may not be to someone else, and vice versa.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah there are only 6 flats so think we may check in with them. 2 of them are elderly and never really went outside before this. the grass is quite wide and surrounds the building so not an issue with space to be fair. I do get the point on others seeing though and following suit.

Yep, that all sounds very sensible - and the way we should all be following through with the regs.

I mean if there are only those number of flats then you could possibly try to make it in to some sort of socially-distant social event, I suppose.

On the walk I usually take, I go past a number of houses with balconies/outside terraces on an uphill road who are naturally about 3/4 metres away from each other at their closest (due to the incline) and a number of them were sat outside having a good chinwag with each other with a beer/glass in hand. I don't see why it would/should be any different just because there isn't a property boundary in between you.

Like I say as a pair we have been really sensible but i need to do something, facetime my lad every day from a previous relationship. I know the rule is I am allowed to have him however I dont want to take any risks with him at all. Just feel like i need to get in the sunshine at least for a little bit, like I say I am now in my 4th week and its only the last day or so I have developed cabin fever. I think the lack of social contact is starting to get me down now as well. My Grandpa died from it last week and he lived up North, the worst part of it all is no one was allowed to visit my gran as she had to self isolate due to him having it. No one could give her a hug and only 8 people are allowed to the funeral. This disease really is horrid 😞 

Contact's a difficult one - balancing what's in the best interests of children physically, emotionally and mentally. Unenviable choice to have to be making on top of others.

Sad to hear about your Grandpa and the situation with your Gran.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You clearly are a woolly liberal. If they are out they get grassed. 

It’s people like that, ....... always looking to be contrary, ooooh my rights, oooh is there a vegan alternative, ooooh the earth is healing and I need a picnic for my instagram story....ffs, makes my blood boil.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

Whitty was right when he said people would get bored of the restrictions if they imposed them too early, but I'm not even sure he imagined it would happen this quickly.

Completely agree with this. People are ALREADY beginning to go out and about like usual. In 2 weeks it will be worse. 

I live next to a busy cross roads on the way into Leicester. For around 4 days everything was quiet. Now everything is going back to normal. 

Im personally happy for "over the top" restrictions, policing and penalties as long as it brings the date we can go back to normal closer. 

It really grates me that my kids are stuck in our small house, but some selfish **** think it's OK to go out and about as normal. This will only increase the time that most people will live under restrictions.

• Like 1

Â