Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s not how football works

It's very rare you see children of professional footballers becoming as good or significantly better than their parents. 

That is my point. 

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It's very rare you see children of professional footballers becoming as good or significantly better than their parents. 

That is my point. 

I don’t think it’s that rare. And quite often footballers are far better than their parents who aren’t footballers at all

The ability of your parents doesn’t dictate your ability

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think it’s that rare. And quite often footballers are far better than their parents who aren’t footballers at all

The ability of your parents doesn’t dictate your ability

It would have some bearing from a genetics point of view in influenting propensity for speed, strength, height etc and would have some influence in terms of attitude and work ethics.However, you're right and there's a lot more to it than just that. Especially if the kid's possibly rebel against being forced into something (I can't stand golf as my Dad was obsessed with it when I was young). 

The issue is we only hear about footballers who have extremely famous footballing parents. Like maradona’s kids or Ronaldo’s kids or beckham’s kids. 

There’s plenty more you don’t even realise have footballing parents who are much better than their parents. 

Like Sergio Busquets, or Jamie Redknapp or Frank Lampard. All considerably better than their parents were

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The issue is we only hear about footballers who have extremely famous footballing parents. Like maradona’s kids or Ronaldo’s kids or beckham’s kids. 

There’s plenty more you don’t even realise have footballing parents who are much better than their parents. 

Like Sergio Busquets, or Jamie Redknapp or Frank Lampard. All considerably better than their parents were

Yeah I think there's benefits to your dad being a pro footballer, fast tracked through academies, exposure to better training (Beckhams kids for example) and then obviously the money and the comfortable life to focus more on football but you look at Haaland at his physicality for example and I bet that got him fast tracked through academies too, his height and size is worth as much as his name

Also sons who are better than their fathers -  thaigo at Liverpool, Maldini...

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think there's benefits to your dad being a pro footballer, fast tracked through academies, exposure to better training (Beckhams kids for example) and then obviously the money and the comfortable life to focus more on football but you look at Haaland at his physicality for example and I bet that got him fast tracked through academies too, his height and size is worth as much as his name

Yeah of course, there's all sorts of advantages, both genetically and opportunity wise.

But there's no logic behind "his dad wasn't that good so I don't get how he's so good" (paraphrased). Football, and most sport, doesn't work like that

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah of course, there's all sorts of advantages, both genetically and opportunity wise.

But there's no logic behind "his dad wasn't that good so I don't get how he's so good" (paraphrased). Football, and most sport, doesn't work like that

Even if it did, Alf Inge Haaland was only a poor footballer in comparison to the premier league. He’s still in the top 0.1% or whatever of footballers to ever exist.

Hes actually exactly the kind of footballer I’d expect to have a superstar child - good enough that he has a lot of natural talent and physicality, but not good enough that he was ever a star and earned so much money that the kid was spoiled so still had a relatively normal upbringing and football education. 

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Even if it did, Alf Inge Haaland was only a poor footballer in comparison to the premier league. He’s still in the top 0.1% or whatever of footballers to ever exist.

Hes actually exactly the kind of footballer I’d expect to have a superstar child - good enough that he has a lot of natural talent and physicality, but not good enough that he was ever a star and earned so much money that the kid was spoiled so still had a relatively normal upbringing and football education. 

So what you are saying is in 20 years Marvelous Nakamba Junior will be better tham Messi

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So what you are saying is in 20 years Marvelous Nakamba Junior will be better tham Messi

Better than Messi Junior. Maybe.

Hell have a name that describes his talent anyway. Although the Nakamba family now earn multiples of what the Haaland family did in the 90s! So he might be spoiled too.

Edited by a m ole

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To add some more, Aubameyang, Forlan, Higuain, Falcao, Klose and Xabi Alonso all had considerably better careers than their fathers.

• Like 1

Â