• El Ghazi
    • Grealish
    • Vassilev( Trézéguet 67)
    • Luiz (Drinkwater 68)
    • Hourihane (Nakamba 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/20 at 19:30

19 minutes ago, villadude said:

Dog shit first half, a much better second.

Grealish is class, we’re nothing without him, what a goal!
I don’t want to see Drinkwater playing for us again., Vassilev impressed me when he came on, I’d like to see him start the next game instead of Trez, who is also piss poor.

I thought Trez was one of our better players today (and he was also then energy behind our Penalty against ManCity)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Weird. He made most passes of any Villa player and 2nd best % with 46 of 53 accurate 86.8%

Maybe theres a stat for most unforced errors ? Because today every time he won it or passed, it went to a brighton player.

I have time for hause, he is one of the only players we have who heads the ball but today 1st half especially he was guilty of almost louiz type gifting.

I enjoy seeing the stats side of things so if you have the unforced errors stats to hand it would be quite interesting.

I expect defenders hoofing it would have the worst stats but we dont play like that.

36 minutes ago, Awol said:

Drinkwater’s picking up 55k a week from our wage bill

Drinkwater is on £55k a week but neither Burnley nor us are/were paying even half that - that said, even though Drinkwater is a good player it is extremely unlikely that he will ever be fit enough in time to be useful to us

I thought Targett, Hause, Konsa, Drinkwater and Nakamba were all dreadful today. Drinkwater especially. One of the worst performances you’re likely to see from a Premier League midfielder. 

Luckily we have, in my opinion, one of the best players in the League/Europe keeping us in every game. 

Today only confirmed that I think we’ll go down. We’re just too poor in the attacking positions and especially in central midfield. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We have more games to save our season. It really isn't

But with them being 1 point and one place above us it really is '6 pointer', irrespective of the other games - they also have other games but if we take three and deprive them of points. Never has there been a better case of a 6 pointer. Realistically we can only target Watford, West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley above us and scoring point while depriving them is a great start to that??

I think Drinkwater needs to be benched next game, it’s like playing with 10 men with him on.

Next game with Samatta will have a focal point at least, which I think we were missing today.

Trez had a good game I thought... or at least a lively one. 

Really loving Pepe’s presence at the back. 

Impressed with the fight in this team, but not the quality. 

How on earth we've managed to keep hold of Grealish this long us remarkable. He really is a top player. 

Mings was very good also. 

I thought everyone else was pretty average. Hause was pants and I'm not sure about Drinkwater, but he's obviously not match sharp yet. 

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Drinkwater needs to be benched next game, it’s like playing with 10 men with him on.

Next game with Samatta will have a focal point at least, which I think we were missing today.

Trez had a good game I thought... or at least a lively one. 

Really loving Pepe’s presence at the back. 

Louiz and makamba have had 9 times more games this season and both probably have played decent in 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 games, so its nothing different than how it's been most of the season.

At least with drinkwater he knows what is expected by the fans and match fitness will come back.

Not ideal but we are juggling 2 average and one unfit player for 2 midfield places

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I thought Targett, Hause, Konsa, Drinkwater and Nakamba were all dreadful today. Drinkwater especially. One of the worst performances you’re likely to see from a Premier League midfielder. 

Luckily we have, in my opinion, one of the best players in the League/Europe keeping us in every game. 

Today only confirmed that I think we’ll go down. We’re just too poor in the attacking positions and especially in central midfield. 

As positive as ever, keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So players shit Smith shit. Targett 5 tackles 2 interceptions 3 clearances 1 key pass. I know you don't care about stats more interested in slating players at every opportunity

31 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

How on earth we've managed to keep hold of Grealish this long us remarkable. He really is a top player. 

I don’t understand this.  

We’ve basically kept him half a transfer window i.e. this one.  Only really Spurs were interested before then and the best you could argue to outsiders was he was too good for the championship.  We all know he’s got talent better than that but this ‘how on earth we’ve managed to keep hold of’ malarkey is false.  

To outsiders he’s a very talented player in a poor team with only half a season of top flight experience.  They still fawn over Maddison, Mount and co.  We know he’s better but outsiders will need more than half a season, I think summer will be the first time we’ll see any real interest whether we stay up or go down.  

If we stay up, it still maybe too soon for the kind of money we want and we don’t have to sell for pennies and i don’t think Jack will force a move.  If we go down he’ll go for decent money.

but this ‘how on earth we’ve managed to keep hold of’ malarkey is off the mark.  we know what we’ve got but others are only just starting to take serious notes now.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Maupay is a horrible short arse little bitch. I'm glad we didn't sign him.

Point hard earned and deserved. We're not very good but we might be good enough to survive if we get a few decent players.

He seems a really nice guy off the pitch. Just turns in a cretin on it. Happens to a lot of players. I rate him highly. 

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t understand this.  

We’ve basically kept him half a transfer window i.e. this one.  Only really Spurs were interested before then and the best you could argue to outsiders was he was too good for the championship.  We all know he’s got talent better than that but this ‘how on earth we’ve managed to keep hold of’ malarkey is false.  

To outsiders he’s a very talented player in a poor team with only half a season of top flight experience.  They still fawn over Maddison, Mount and co.  We know he’s better but outsiders will need more than half a season, I think summer will be the first time we’ll see any real interest whether we stay up or go down.  

If we stay up, it still maybe too soon for the kind of money we want and we don’t have to sell for pennies and i don’t think Jack will force a move.  If we go down he’ll go for decent money.

but this ‘how on earth we’ve managed to keep hold of’ malarkey is off the mark.  we know what we’ve got but others are only just starting to take serious notes now.

I think you're taking me too literally, I agree with you. 

Â