• El Ghazi
    • Grealish
    • Vassilev( Trézéguet 67)
    • Luiz (Drinkwater 68)
    • Hourihane (Nakamba 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/20 at 19:30

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Stole a point.

Grealish goal excellent but performance stifled by Smith's tactics. Reina great save towards end. Drinkwater is awful, Nakamba is awful, Hause is awful, Konsa is mostly awful. All the rest, bar Mings, are players you'd be happy were squad players. We're effectively playing a reserve Premier League team against true first XIs every week, but held down by some really awful players on top of that.

The quality isn't there. Unless there's a miracle in next two weeks in transfer window, we're going down.

And I don't think Smith knows what to do at the moment. His indecisiveness is reflecting in our performances. Too many formations, too many changes, too few reactions to what's happening on the pitch.

All the more sweeter.....I like it when we take our unfair share.

That shows a bit of Character......having said that, from the guy, who's character, I will never question.

Phew! What a relief we didn't lose another six pointer. I'm still worried about Smith saying last weekend after the horror show that "Danny will make us a better team". That sounds like he'll stubbornly persist with starting him, so as not to appear to have made a bad decision with this acquisition.

Edited by robby b

1 minute ago, TRO said:

All the more sweeter.....I like it when we take our unfair share.

That shows a bit of Character......having said that, from the guy, who's character, I will never question.

They won the 1st we won the 2nd. We deserved a draw., nothing unfair about it. This was a huge result. A loss would have further damaged the teams already fragile confidence.

****** awful game to watch but onwards and upwards - we live to fight another day and have another point in the bag!

Got a point against Brighton (not Man City). It is a game we expect to win and it doesn't change my thoughts of Dean and his tactics. He has to go.

Fickle as I am another couple of wins in the next three games and I may love him again. And yes I have no loyalty for the manager, I am Loyal to Aston Villa only.  Win or lose for over 50 years, many years of traveling home and away . Players and managers come and go. I have seen a hell of a lot of managers at VP. and some amazing players over the years. and the time is nigh to change again

Just now, VillaCas said:

They had the first half we had the second - don’t think we stole a point at all? 

but it sounds nice, its kinda reflective of character......that important feature of a team.

I think it depends in what context is meant, judging by the first half we could have been out of it.

4 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Where do you see our points? And don’t give the take each game as it comes, that’s a cop out.

look at our fixtures between now and May and outline where we get the points. 

watford really is a six pointes 

We  certainly cant loose this game . the new signings need to hit the ground running. The table position is reality and i cant (taking off my claret blue specs off) see our position dramatically changing. it will be 3 from 4  for the drop...  A dramatic turn of fortune is required ASAP. 

Surprised by some of the negative posts out there ...... thought we were brilliant today !

We had to stop Brighton playing and we did just that. Our intensity and workrate was top drawer and they simply couldn't deal with it. We shut them up for 60 minutes and then went for it and could easily have won that one.

Tactically brilliant from Smith and the first full 90 minute quality performance from Villa this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Mopey had a strop on the whole game. If we were a more disciplined team we could have got him sent off. We should of, he was there for the taking.

He literally grabbed Nakamba and swung him around like a ragdoll without getting a card. The ref was appalling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

Surprised by some of the negative posts out there ...... thought we were brilliant today !

We had to stop Brighton playing and we did just that. Our intensity and workrate was top drawer and they simply couldn't deal with it. 

Did you watch the first half? Because I don't want to be a dick, but I genuinely don't think I've ever disagreed some completely with a perspective on a game before. 

That first 45 minutes was dreadul, we looked like our players had never met before. 

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

We had to stop Brighton playing and we did just that. Our intensity and workrate was top drawer and they simply couldn't deal with it. We shut them up for 60 minutes and then went for it and could easily have won that one.

Tactically brilliant from Smith and the first full 90 minute quality performance from Villa this season.

Giving you a like for positivity mate. UTV! Not sure I agree with the last bit but still. Although the 2nd half I think you have a good argument.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I thought we were always in it, and that's just talking about the first half.

Second half we started to pull the strings, it wasn't poetry in motion, but we had some rhythm and harmony to our play.

Went down to a counter, as we so often do, as their man (Maupay) had the quality and control in one of very few moments of opportunity.

As goes oftentimes in football, we had a great chance to go 1-0 through Grealish's efforts only moments earlier.

For me personally, that's two points dropped, no one but ourselves to look at for that, which is why I think as much, it's not like Brighton put on a masterclass.

The Smith out commentary scares me. It actually does. I believe there was a 'doing a fulham' thread on here. I think people should get familiar with what happened for Fulham.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

They won the 1st we won the 2nd. We deserved a draw., nothing unfair about it. This was a huge result. A loss would have further damaged the teams already fragile confidence.

****** awful game to watch but onwards and upwards - we live to fight another day and have another point in the bag!

I didn't mean unfair, in quite the context you received it.....but after the first half, we was fortunate to still be in the game.

but hey ho.....great point.

Â