• El Ghazi
    • Grealish
    • Vassilev( Trézéguet 67)
    • Luiz (Drinkwater 68)
    • Hourihane (Nakamba 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/20 at 19:30

@TRO

I don't know whether to have or haven't misinterpreted my post.....but that argument is weak for me.

There is plenty of evidence of the right players, giving good performances at other clubs.....There is enough transfers around of John McGinns quality and price  to suggest that is a red herring.

sure if you are going for the title the availability pool gets smaller and consequently the price reflects that.

You can't tell me, Nakamba, Luiz, Targett, Trez represent good value for money, right now......whether they get better is speculative.

I am just not convinced sorry.

It's not a weak argument, I'd be inclined to call it fact..

The money we have spent on each position comparative to other clubs, both wages and transfer fee considered, is small.

So we spent 120 million in one window, we bought 12 players! 9 of which needed to be starters!

As for your point regarding the quality of our acquisitions, I think Targett and Trez are the only two who have fallen short of expectation, given the fee.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

The young lad chased defenders, put pressure on them and hurried them allowing us to win the ball back. That’s all you can ask for really. Fair play to him. 

Yeah he really did help flip the pressure towards the end there. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Should be only one option for MotM.

Mings was the glue at the back. Pepe made a good save in the end, but I felt he should've saved their goal.

I liked Fred again, even if he was a bit all over the place.

Edited by AVTuco

I'll take that point but we made Davy Propper look like KDB for most of the game, which is concerning. Start with Vassilev if we have to. We must have an actual striker up front. Nakamba literally hiding behind Brighton players instead of showing for the ball is pathetic. Drinkwater needs to get up to speed fast. Grealish saves the day. Don't understand all the stick that Targett gets. Apart from 2 or 3 dodgy defensive displays I think he has been one of our better signings.

Â