• El Ghazi
    • Grealish
    • Vassilev( Trézéguet 67)
    • Luiz (Drinkwater 68)
    • Hourihane (Nakamba 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/20 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He literally grabbed Nakamba and swung him around like a ragdoll without getting a card. The ref was appalling. 

I thought ref was average and that we were lucky not to get a few more cards. Agree Maupay should have been booked.

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Drinkwater way off the pace. Don’t understand how he is playing.   

To save Smith’s face at this point. Drinkwater’s picking up 55k a week from our wage bill, bit embarrassing to admit they’ve signed a knacker to replace McGinn!

Fantastic goal by Jack. Great Reina save from the Maupay shot. Mings marshalled very well. 

Will Samatta be available for Tuesday? We should play Vassilev if not, we looked much better when we had a striker on the pitch, although it also coincided with Luiz replacing Drinkwater, which may be the real reason.

Top noise from the travelling fans throughout that second half, especially at 1-0 down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I didn't mean unfair, in quite the context you received it.....but after the first half, we was fortunate to still be in the game.

but hey ho.....great point.

Really ???? They had one shot on goal ...... how can we be lucky to be in a half where we shut down the opposition so well that they only get one shot on goal ? Jeez !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Surprised by some of the negative posts out there ...... thought we were brilliant today !

We had to stop Brighton playing and we did just that. Our intensity and workrate was top drawer and they simply couldn't deal with it. We shut them up for 60 minutes and then went for it and could easily have won that one.

Tactically brilliant from Smith and the first full 90 minute quality performance from Villa this season.

this is a  wind up yes ???

24 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We need to move on from that awful formation and go back to a 4-3-3.

Drinkwater isn't fit and isn't offering anything over what Luiz offers in the middle of the park, and Luiz feels far more likely to put someone in on goal or score one himself.

We looked better in the 2nd but we just have to be able to create more chances against what was a pretty poor Brighton side.

We will go 433 when McGinn is back. Right now we can’t do it.

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Got a point against Brighton (not Man City). It is a game we expect to win and it doesn't change my thoughts of Dean and his tactics. He has to go.

Fickle as I am another couple of wins in the next three games and I may love him again. And yes I have no loyalty for the manager, I am Loyal to Aston Villa only.  Win or lose for over 50 years, many years of traveling home and away . Players and managers come and go. I have seen a hell of a lot of managers at VP. and some amazing players over the years. and the time is nigh to change again

you say it's a game we expect to win.  On what basis?  Did you read the prematch thread.  MOTD picked Brighton to win 1-0.   I still think the manager's got the makings of doing something great.  Just like villa.  I don't think either are all too fantastic right now.  hoping the team, club, and manager grow into it together.  But those that expected us to win this were few and far between.

• Like 2

If we beat Watford we go above them in the league and we come out of the relegation zone and they drop into it, whether it's a six pointer or not, it's definitely a must win game, and probably our most important of the season to date.

5 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Got a point against Brighton (not Man City). It is a game we expect to win and it doesn't change my thoughts of Dean and his tactics. He has to go.

Fickle as I am another couple of wins in the next three games and I may love him again. And yes I have no loyalty for the manager, I am Loyal to Aston Villa only.  Win or lose for over 50 years, many years of traveling home and away . Players and managers come and go. I have seen a hell of a lot of managers at VP. and some amazing players over the years. and the time is nigh to change again

Hmmmn.

I want to see a more determined, deliberate Dean emerge from this run as opposed to the affable, everybody's friend, nervous laughing  version.

He needs to toughen up IMO

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

If we beat Watford we go above them in the league and we come out of the relegation zone and they drop into it, whether it's a six pointer or not, it's definitely a must win game, and probably our most important of the season to date.

IF........Its up to us.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Watford are unbeaten in 6 and playing like they should be. We need to finish ahead of 1 from Newcastle Burnley Brighton West Ham assuming Bournemouth and Norwich are down

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I didn't mean unfair, in quite the context you received it.....but after the first half, we was fortunate to still be in the game.

but hey ho.....great point.

I agree we were dire in the 1st but the stats suggest BHA weren’t all that and there was little in it overall. BHA shots 10, on target 2, AVFC 8, with 3 on target. 

• Thanks 1

Â