Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

Just now, sne said:

Yeah, signing a guy who's hardly played for 2 years there's bound to be a starting up period

If he's going to get up to speed quick we need to allow him a few games to get there. It's a gamble but if he hits top form for the run in, it might help us stay in the division.

Just now, romavillan said:

If he's going to get up to speed quick we need to allow him a few games to get there. It's a gamble but if he hits top form for the run in, it might help us stay in the division.

It's a gamble, can't really have him costing us goals and games like he did against City (a game we would have lost either way) again.

But at the same time he needs time on the pitch.

Just hope his head is screwed on right this time and that he's learned from his mistakes and has the right attitude.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think so as there are 3 CBs and Guilbert and Targett so still think it’s a 352 ... or more like a 370?

3-4-3

Marvelous and Drinkwater in a midfield 2 with Drinkwater having more license to get forward and support attack than Marvelous, both full backs can support attacks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

About as good a lone up as we can manage I think (with the odd debate).

But, where on earth is Engels?

Could just be that Chester has overtaken him as 4th choice.  He looked good to me in the games he has played whereas Engels looked a bit slow against Southampton.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

3-4-1-2, maybe?

With Jack being the CAM and helping out Nakamba and Drinkwater?

See my above post brother, pretty confident that'll be the system, very similar to the 4-3-3

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Could just be that Chester has overtaken him as 4th choice.  He looked good to me in the games he has played whereas Engels looked a bit slow against Southampton.

Might have looked a bit off the pace, but hes one of our best defenders.

If he is fit and available, I cant help but consider this another one of those really strange decisions from deano, engels should be on the bench minimum if he is fit (other strange deano decisions like Taylor over Targett, elmo over guilbert, playing lansbury from the start in the prem etc etc etc)

Teams just don't leave their best players out of the squad, if Engels isnt injured these are the major things that make me question deano, not so much results, more about strange decisions for me

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Might have looked a bit off the pace, but hes one of our best defenders.

If he is fit and available, I cant help but consider this another one of those really strange decisions from deano, engels should be on the bench minimum if he is fit (other strange deano decisions like Taylor over Targett, elmo over guilbert, playing lansbury from the start in the prem etc etc etc)

Teams just don't leave their best players out of the squad, if Engels isnt injured these are the major things that make me question deano, not so much results, more about strange decisions for me

But we don't know that he's available. I tend to think not, but that's just a hunch.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

But we don't know that he's available. I tend to think not, but that's just a hunch.

as i said, if thats the case fine, but he isnt marked as injured, and in any injury updates he isnt mentioned.

last i heard directly from deano was he was injured, then he was fit, and the last thing i heard was he is "ill" (i think that was 2-3 weeks ago????)

something not right?

--------------------------------Reina-------------------------------

-------------Konsa---------Mings-------Hause------------

Gulbert-----Nakamba------Drinkwater------Targett

----------------------------Grealish-------------------------------

---------Trezeguet------------------El Ghazi-----------------

Is how I see that.

• Like 3

On 17/01/2020 at 15:28, Herman22 said:

So this is another game without a recognised striker. I think we will stick with 3/5 at the back but we need more from the full backs so I expect Guilbert and Targett will start. I think I would go with this:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Guilbert                 Drinkwater               Targett

Luiz           Hourihane

Trez                 ElGhazi            Grealish

Would be good, but there are too many players. Doubt we would get away with it. They use var, nowadays

• Haha 1