Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

Smith said in the pre match presser he was dissappointed with the number of fouls we committed against mancity.

So I'm expecting blood and thunder. you know what footballers are like....take instructions literally 

Got a sneaking feeling he might start lansbury due to him being the biggest nutter in the squad. he'll be sharpening his elbows in his bedsit right about now with his bastard cut file.

It should be like the football match in eastenders when they play the athetic youth club and Grant mitchel decides to rough up the  kids and intimidate the ref.

I've just watched this clip on youtube the similarities are endless. Fat ron is injured so Arthur fowler goes in goal....... a dead ringer for pepe Reina!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith said in the pre match presser he was dissappointed with the number of fouls we committed against mancity.

So I'm expecting blood and thunder. you know what footballers are like....take instructions literally 

Got a sneaking feeling he might start lansbury due to him being the biggest nutter in the squad. he'll be sharpening his elbows in his bedsit right about now with his bastard cut file.

It should be like the football match in eastenders when they play the athetic youth club and Grant mitchel decides to rough up the  kids and intimidate the ref.

I've just watched this clip on youtube the similarities are endless. Fat ron is injured so Arthur fowler goes in goal....... a dead ringer for pepe Reina!

Classic screwdriver. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, screwdriver said:

This just sounds like you’ve had a weird dream tbh

i'm really nervous about this. would probably take a point now...avoid more defeats, get samatta and one or 2 others in, move on to some massive games vs the likes of watford and bournemouth

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm really nervous about this. would probably take a point now...avoid more defeats, get samatta and one or 2 others in, move on to some massive games vs the likes of watford and bournemouth

No need to be nervous. Brighton are a really good team at home. Draw would be great result. Just hoping people don't lose their minds if we lose because lots of the season left to come right. Look at Leicester season before they won the league. 

• Like 1

No point sugarcoating it, we desperately need a result tomorrow, to follow up such an heavy defeat with another defeat could have dire consequences on the rest of the season, not just in terms of league positioning, but the affect it would have on us mentally as well. No getting away from it, we have to start winning games, and some of them are going to have to be against teams where we're not expected to win, if we keep writing off every game because the opposition are half decent, we'll soon find ourselves needing a miracle to stay up.

I’m predicting a 1-1 draw, we need all three points but that doesn’t mean we have a divine right to them. Brighton also need them and are a decent side at home, see the recent draw with Chelsea and the 3-0 vs Spurs. It’s gonna be difficult for us without a striker, but let’s hope it’s more of a Leicester performance than an Man City one. 

• Thanks 1

So this is another game without a recognised striker. I think we will stick with 3/5 at the back but we need more from the full backs so I expect Guilbert and Targett will start. I think I would go with this:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Guilbert                 Drinkwater               Targett

Luiz           Hourihane

Trez                 ElGhazi            Grealish

No striker for this game is a disaster. Go back to the 343 and try to steal a win, having no confidence for a game against Brighton says it all really.

Reina

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Guilbert - Drinkwater - Nakamba - Targett

Trez - El Ghazi - Grealish

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

No striker for this game is a disaster. Go back to the 343 and try to steal a win, having no confidence for a game against Brighton says it all really.

Reina

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Guilbert - Drinkwater - Nakamba - Targett

Trez - El Ghazi - Grealish

I don’t think Brighton should be underestimated, they are now an established Premier League outfit. They have some fantastic players I think, this will be a very tough match. I would go with the same side as you predicted Farlz

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I have been fairly impressed by Brighton every time I’ve watched them this season. Having said that they don’t score as many as their play suggests they might.

We have every chance to beat them tomorrow for the 3rd time this season. A defensive performance similar to the last 2 away games and the usual magic moment or 2 from Jack and we can climb out of the relegation zone and not look back.

2-0 Villa.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Brighton should be underestimated, they are now an established Premier League outfit. They have some fantastic players I think, this will be a very tough match. I would go with the same side as you predicted Farlz

Brighton are crap. They are only 3 points above us and we have been largely woeful.

Not having a centre forward for this game is criminal. 

It should be a game we are targeting 3 points from as they are a relegation candidate

I think we have given away any chance of a win though by not addressing a Wesley replacement in time

I think they will thrash us which given the fact they are not very good is a telling sign

We have to go there believing we can win, just like we did against Burnley. We need to start this game exactly how we did in that one. It was obvious after about 5 minutes we wanted it more than them that day. If we go and be too careful and scared to attack it will just be another one of those away games.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Herman22 said:

So this is another game without a recognised striker. I think we will stick with 3/5 at the back but we need more from the full backs so I expect Guilbert and Targett will start. I think I would go with this:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Guilbert                 Drinkwater               Targett

Luiz           Hourihane

Trez                 ElGhazi            Grealish

I’d go with that too but the Premier League might have something to say about it. 

• Haha 2