Pre-Match Thread

wilko154

Well my only ever live Villa game was Oct 19th at home against Brighton, which now looks like a lottery win for me to have experienced.

I have no idea how, but we have to win this. We can win too, if we're up to it.

Backs against the wall with this one, can we pull out a performance after the Man City game? 

Its going to be hard, with us having  no forwards  Brighton can press us right up the pitch and they will straight from the whistle . Fingers crossed for a draw but I can't see anything but a loss here and quite a heavy one as well . 3 goals + .

Our squad has fell apart before our very eyes I'm afraid. 

I wouldn't be focusing too much on the Man City game when predicting how well we'll do in this. We were off the pace but when Man City are on fire, as they were, the players they have with their movement mean they are capable of giving sides much better than us the kind of hiding they dished out last week.

We are now up against a side much more on our level and who over the last few weeks have taken less points than we have. The last time we played a side more on our level with the formation we will play today was a couple of weeks ago when we beat Burnley. We also got a very good result 11 days ago when like today we had no natural striker and still got a draw at Leicester. We have therefore shown recently we can get results.

Reina I think with his character, leadership and experience will have given the squad a boost the last few days and I'm hopeful we'll be well up for this game and be going out on the front foot to win it. If we do despite having no natural forward I think we still have enough players to hurt Brighton. 

I'm going for a 2-1 win to us.

• Like 2

What ever the team we put out. I just hope that we dont stand back and watch them as we did last week. 

To  stave off relegation IMO we need to play as we would in the championship. Get it into them at every opportunity, if they have the ball tackle them for god sake if that doesn't work - then bully them or kick em off the ball. Not pretty but got to show some aggression. I know that sounds rough. But last week only a few fouls against us. We need to get stuck in 

We committed 2 fouls last week in a first half that saw us 4-0 down. Deano picked up on it in his press conference. I would expect a few tackles flying in this week. Marvellous will almost certainly start (he absolutely must). Let’s hope they get stuck in!

Expect a performance at the very least today. I want to see some fight and pride even if we don’t get a result.

If we look half arsed as we have recently Smith can **** off as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 1