The Royal Family

Genie

Just now, bickster said:

Sounds like you have no understanding of my situation, my contract, my industry or employment law.

of course i don't....

but from what you posted it does not sound like your employer is a good one and given that, then i'd be looking elsewhere 

if any employer takes advantage of an extraordinary situation and effectively steals an extra bank holiday off an employee from there holiday allowance, well, what does that say about the employer?

in any other 'off topic'' thread that sort of treatment of an employer would be lambasted

• Like 2

I predict we will see a fresh push for republicanism by most Commonwealth states now that Liz is gone.

Jacinda Ahern notably vocal about it recently. 

I also predict that under a King William, a real stripping down of the monarchy to more resemble those of Denmark and Norway.

27 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

For me, if Queen Elizabeth II has left a legacy it's a reminder that we have a duty to each other in order to make Britain truly Great.

Roll the credits.

Better than Cheese Woman ;)

@TheAuthority Could you be a love and record a quick take of 'The Watermill' for NV's voiceover?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

here we go...

did she pop round for some sugar when she'd run out, well no she didn't. did i meet her in the pub every Saturday for a game of pool, well, there's another no.

i've seen enough and read enough to see what i know.

Right yeah here we go - so as with most people giving her plaudits you appear to have  formed your opinion based on her public and media image.  And do you know for sure how much of that is  objective or truthful? Do you know if there's any horrible characteristics that have been carefully and rigorously suppressed?  I doubt it. If so how can you state  with such confidence that she was   "undoubtedly a fine fine woman" ?   I haven't the faintest idea what she was like as a person, and neither, it seems, do you.  

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Undoubtedly a fine, fine woman. Who harboured a pedophile. 

Unless I’ve missed a whole heap of stuff on this story , The  allegation against Andrew was from someone who was 17 the three times  they slept together , above the age of consent on all occasions …a 21 year old woman claimed andrew fondled her breast , neither incident is Pedophilia .

I guess “harbouring “ someone accused of sexual assault isn’t any better but unless there is evidence otherwise it’s more accurate ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

so, you had an enforced holiday...

and your employer is taking an extra bank holiday out of your normal holiday allowance...

sounds to me like you've got a dictatorial shite employer

maybe it's time for a change...

A lot of (maybe most?) employment contracts wrap bank holidays into your annual leave entitlement. Bear in mind at the level of an entire business, paid holidays cost them money in an already struggling economy.

Bank Holidays change the whole dynamic for a lot of industries. You can't just "go into work" if your work involves doing stuff that is directly affected.

So whether you think the BH was justified or not (I wasn't that fussed either way), it's complete nonsense to suggest that nobody was forced to have the day off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

of course i don't....

but from what you posted it does not sound like your employer is a good one and given that, then i'd be looking elsewhere 

if any employer takes advantage of an extraordinary situation and effectively steals an extra bank holiday off an employee from there holiday allowance, well, what does that say about the employer?

in any other 'off topic'' thread that sort of treatment of an employer would be lambasted

I'm quite happy where I am thanks. The Dead Queen still stole my holiday

• Haha 2

I would struggle to get time off to go to a friend's funeral.

Enough is enough, Elizabeth had to remain queen but Charles and his divorcee are a step to far IMO.

My understanding is if they had stuck to same rules that allowed his grandfather to become King then he wouldn't have been eligible to be King, it's a farce. 

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

A flitting close to a remarkable day 

God save our gracious King!
Long live our noble King!
God save the King!
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the King.

Thy choicest gifts in store
On him be pleased to pour,
Long may he reign.
May he defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the King.

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush!
God save the King! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

There ya go!

It is interesting...

Thing is how many people would give up their hereditary, wealth, titles, pay taxes and lose earnings if placed in their position?

Of course many can claim to be true moral agents yet it is all theoretical. It's easier to point fingers and criticise after all, it comes natural to many unfortunately.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It is interesting...

Thing is how many people would give up their hereditary, wealth, titles, pay taxes and lose earnings if placed in their position?

Of course many can claim to be true moral agents yet it is all theoretical. It's easier to point fingers and criticise after all, it comes natural to many unfortunately.

Of course many people wouldn't give it up. Most people act selfishly to varying extents. Who's claiming to be a "true moral agent"?

They're incredibly unlikely to willingly give it up without the public demanding it, one way or another.

Just now, Davkaus said:

They're incredibly unlikely to willingly give it up without the public demanding it, one way or another.

And of course, now, when another right spunk in the right fanny billionaire gets his chance, it isn't the right time to discuss whether this is all a good idea because 'respect'.

• Like 1

Â