The Royal Family

Genie

14 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was in Ross on Wye for a covid booster and flu jab first thing, and the pubs were already open, and then back to Ledbury by 10.15am to grab a coffee before the shop closed at 11am. there was a great selection of pubs open, and advertising that they were showing the Queen's funeral on TV.

Instead of going inside the Seven Stars I stood in bright sunshine in front of the Tudor Market House, and looked up and down Ledbury's idyllic high street and said a simple prayer to the Queen. " God bless and thank you for your service. You're being remembered in grand churches and big cities, but this is your real England, your real UK".

I got home at 10.45am in good time for the funeral and looked out over a sunlight Malvern Hills. I thought of the Queen's duty and decency and resolved to try harder myself.

Thats all sounds about as far away from me as the Queen herself

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Drinking today of all days, the shock, the disrespect. The Tower awaits you ya know

A good way for people to come together and watch the funeral. 

Everyone likes a beer after a good old send off! :cheers:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was in Ross on Wye for a covid booster and flu jab first thing, and the pubs were already open, and then back to Ledbury by 10.15am to grab a coffee before the shop closed at 11am. there was a great selection of pubs open, and advertising that they were showing the Queen's funeral on TV.

Instead of going inside the Seven Stars I stood in bright sunshine in front of the Tudor Market House, and looked up and down Ledbury's idyllic high street and said a simple prayer to the Queen. " God bless and thank you for your service. You're being remembered in grand churches and big cities, but this is your real England, your real UK".

I got home at 10.45am in good time for the funeral and looked out over a sunlight Malvern Hills. I thought of the Queen's duty and decency and resolved to try harder myself.

Do you go to the Price of Wales in Ledbury often? Does Russ still work there?

30 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Unless I’ve missed something that doesn’t appear to have happened. Neither poster said that they cut the grass in the hope it would provoke someone.

Maybe it just needed doing and the garden waste bin is being collected tomorrow?

The issue here isn't the person mowing their lawn, be it because it needed it/they'd usually go to the pub on a BH but wanted to avoid a funeral being on the tele/they'd usually go to the shops/they simply wanted to do something constructive with their day, the issue is someone taking umbrage with them doing so simply because it happened to be someone's funeral miles from where they live. Based on that we would never do anything would we.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Each to their own but to deliberately mow the lawn today in the hope that someone comes over so you can have a row with them seems a waste of a day if you ask me ..

I didnt do gardening to annoy folk, I did it cos it needed doing. I was busy all day Saturday doing stuff for other folk, I was knackered on Sunday because of that so I used today to finish the rest of the stuff that needed doing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Drinking today of all days, the shock, the disrespect. The Tower awaits you ya know

I had a soft drink, so no tower for me  😛

But 95% of the people in there were tbf so better start building that extension on the tower :) 

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I've sat in Ledbury rugby club and listened to numerous men your age making sexual comments about teenage girls playing rounders there without anyone blinking an eye. A truly fitting town for a royal tribute.

Another post that makes me think I should leave the hallowed halls of VT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Corrected.

Eh?

So the Royal Family are to blame for homeless people when you can clearly see many of the same issues in countless other countries...

Strange rhetoric indeed...

I'm out, shouldn't have bothered....

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Eh?

So the Royal Family are to blame for homeless people when you can clearly see many of the same issues in countless other countries...

No mate, I'm not blaming the royals at all, but some would. 😉

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Eh?

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No mate, I'm not blaming the royals at all, but some would. 😉

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If they paid their share of inheritance tax we could probably build all the homeless people a house.

There ya go!

Â