The Royal Family

Genie

30 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

I don't think thank you is the right word here mate but that is the most powerful image I have seen in this thread or in relation to this whole 12 days since the queen died. For all the grandeur, pomp and ceremony that some people have seemed to revel in and laud this image depicts reality.  

• Like 3

So anyway, I had mates around today for a house party today. No reason for it except we were free. It was great fun but I haven’t switched on the TV today, except for YouTube because we were discussing some music. Did I miss anything? 

I assume they buried or cremated the queen ok?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So anyway, I had mates around today for a house party today. No reason for it except we were free. It was great fun but I haven’t switched on the TV today, except for YouTube because we were discussing some music.

Best of Queen?

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not watched a minute of it. Literally, not even a second. Those who watched it and like this sort of stuff, hope you enjoyed it.

I have managed to go the whole hog and not watched a minute of it since she died, helped by being out of the country for the first 5 days.

I have dipped in and out of this thread, which I think has in the main been balanced with a few at the far end of either of extreme but most not really giving too much of a shit, and I have come across a few things on social media. 

I haven't forced my couldn't care less attitude onto others and thankfully those who do care either haven't forced their views onto me or if they have I have just tolerated them for the brief moments it happened.

Hopefully the country can now quickly re focus on things that really do matter to people life's as way too much time and resources have been wasted on this given the state the country is in and the reality many are already living and the future many people now face.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Now its all over, I hope the media circus dies down and Charles and others have chance to mourn/grieve for a while. Charles has covered more ground than Phileas Fogg in the last week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't understand, which part of it is tosh?

The relationship to the post and the funeral of undoubtedly a fine, fine woman, who represented this country to the best and in a most dignified way.

I could put pictures up of any old shit that's happening in this country or indeed the world. What does that prove?

Every country in the world has the have's and have nots.

It's a cheap shot.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have managed to go the whole hog and not watched a minute of it since she died, helped by being out of the country for the first 5 days.

I have dipped in and out of this thread, which I think has in the main been balanced with a few at the far end of either of extreme but most not really giving too much of a shit, and I have come across a few things on social media. 

I haven't forced my couldn't care less attitude onto others and thankfully those who do care either haven't forced their views onto me or if they have I have just tolerated them for the brief moments it happened.

Hopefully the country can now quickly re focus on things that really do matter to people life's as way too much time and resources have been wasted on this given the state the country is in and the reality many are already living and the future many people now face.

Given your last two posts are about how the funeral has been a massive waste of money and resources and about how people should be thinking about the reality of homelessness rather than the fake pageantry of mourning the Queen, I'd hate to see what it looks like when you do try to force your opinions about the topic on people!

Edited by Panto_Villan

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

Given your last two posts are about how the funeral has been a massive waste of money and resources and about how people should be thinking about homelessness rather than mourning the Queen, I'd hate to see what it looks like when you do try to force your opinions about the funeral on people.

I am not forcing them on people though am I. I am just presenting my opinions on here which is a forum for discussion. I haven't mentioned it at work, I haven't mentioned it to friends or family when I have been out, I haven't spoke to my neighbours about it when I have bumped into them. At work I have had a couple of people give opinions I am opposed to but I have tolerated.

This whole site wouldn't last long would it if we didn't enter into discussions/give opinions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

How do you know this for certain? Did you know her?

here we go...

did she pop round for some sugar when she'd run out, well no she didn't. did i meet her in the pub every Saturday for a game of pool, well, there's another no.

i've seen enough and read enough to see what i know.

• Haha 1

Â