Tom13

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They have money behind them so 500k-1m bid would be logical and we can put in a good sell on clause or even a buyback.

He cost us nearly £1m from Barcelona. 

Any sale would be much more IMO. 

• Like 3

He's had a long interview on the " Not the Top 20" podcast today, he comes across very well, you can tell he's media trained. Sounds like he's enjoying his loan and talks about things that he wanted to work on during this loan spell. Gets directly asked if he'll stay at Stockport all season because he's moved clubs in January last two seasons and just does a politician style duck and roll out of it so that debate can continue for another few months. 

Extended highlights, lots of Barry involvement.

It seems that he's playing a lot wider than before, which Unai will be very happy to see (given how much he likes versatile forwards). A lot of pressing of the opposition is good for his physical development too. 

Just scored from the penalty spot, eight goals and two assists in fourteen appearances now, unlucky not to get another assist last week as well, as he quite clearly made that goal from nothing, it might not be an assist by name, but he definitely 'assisted' the goal, it was more of an assist than most actual assists.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Just now, villarule123 said:

Recall him now. 

Why? He’s playing regularly, in a team that is playing well and he’s scoring often.

leave him where he is to learn his craft and boost his confidence. 

He’s better off there for the season than occasionally sitting on our bench. 

• Like 4

I think he will probably be recalled and moved up a level, the way he's going he might get a Championship move in January, I've seen a few calling him the best player in League Two at the moment, remember this is a twnety year old, teams higher up the ladder aren't going to ignore that, there will be offers, the idea that he's only just started playing well this season is a myth, he's more than proven himself at League Two level.

There are good arguements for keeping him at Stockport, but also very good arguments for moving him should the chance arrive at the right club, have to take these chances when they come, for example if he got an offer from a promotion challenging League One side or even a Championship side, and turned it down, that might be regretted for the rest of his life if second half of the season with Stockport didn't go as well as hoped.

At the right club he's more than capable of performing at an higher level, him struggling at Ipswich and MK Dons was more to with mitigating cirucmstances than his ability, Ipswich was a ridiculous move on many levels, too young, they had signed about thirty players, so don't read anything into that, and MK Dons were struggling as a team which is always going to be a struggle for loan players, especially attacking players playing for a team that will hardly have the ball in attacking areas.

Barely more than a year ago Aaron Ramsey was deemed to be struggling by some in League One for Cheltenham, he's since performed as one of the best attackers in the Championship and been brought for big money by a Premier League team, point being young players can look not so great in struggling teams, but find them the right move and they will show how good they are, finding the right team is key

I think he might have a chance of getting back into the England setup, the U20 team has been scrapped and replaced with what is essentially and U21 B team, obviously the best U20s will still make that, but now they can also select the players that aren't quite make the U21 set-up.

3 hours ago, useless said:

I think he will probably be recalled and moved up a level, the way he's going he might get a Championship move in January, I've seen a few calling him the best player in League Two at the moment, remember this is a twnety year old, teams higher up the ladder aren't going to ignore that, there will be offers, the idea that he's only just started playing well this season is a myth, he's more than proven himself at League Two level.

There are good arguements for keeping him at Stockport, but also very good arguments for moving him should the chance arrive at the right club, have to take these chances when they come, for example if he got an offer from a promotion challenging League One side or even a Championship side, and turned it down, that might be regretted for the rest of his life if second half of the season with Stockport didn't go as well as hoped.

At the right club he's more than capable of performing at an higher level, him struggling at Ipswich and MK Dons was more to with mitigating cirucmstances than his ability, Ipswich was a ridiculous move on many levels, too young, they had signed about thirty players, so don't read anything into that, and MK Dons were struggling as a team which is always going to be a struggle for loan players, especially attacking players playing for a team that will hardly have the ball in attacking areas.

Barely more than a year ago Aaron Ramsey was deemed to be struggling by some in League One for Cheltenham, he's since performed as one of the best attackers in the Championship and been brought for big money by a Premier League team, point being young players can look not so great in struggling teams, but find them the right move and they will show how good they are, finding the right team is key

For his development probably he should stay the whole season but we need to be selfish here and try and fast track his development and see can he put in similar numbers at a better standard. Sometimes being a bit more cut-throat might be the way to go

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, STEVE1883 said:

I'm a Stockport fan so you'll probably think I'm biased as I 100% want him to stay the whole season but he's genuinely not ready for the step up yet. 

He's doing fantastic for us and is one of our best players but there's so much he needs to work on.  His decision making after taking players on needs work along with his crossing and he was marked out of the game against Doncaster as they came with a game plan to nullify him.  Every week he gets a little bit better and he's learning so much.

He's treated like a superstar and you can tell he's loving the experience.  He went to Salford away last week and was in the away end with the Stockport fans and must have had hundreds of photos took with the fans and loved every minute of it.  It's not broken right now so don't try to fix it is my view.  Let him be and see where he's at in May.

While you, as you admit, may be biased, I think you're 100% correct here.

There's no need to rush him and he's currently thriving - why would we want to take him out of such a positive experience so early? It's just silly. The confidence he'll have and what he'll have learned if he can have a 30 goal season or close to it, at his age, would be worth its weight in gold. 

1 hour ago, STEVE1883 said:

I'm a Stockport fan so you'll probably think I'm biased as I 100% want him to stay the whole season but he's genuinely not ready for the step up yet. 

He's doing fantastic for us and is one of our best players but there's so much he needs to work on.  His decision making after taking players on needs work along with his crossing and he was marked out of the game against Doncaster as they came with a game plan to nullify him.  Every week he gets a little bit better and he's learning so much.

He's treated like a superstar and you can tell he's loving the experience.  He went to Salford away last week and was in the away end with the Stockport fans and must have had hundreds of photos took with the fans and loved every minute of it.  It's not broken right now so don't try to fix it is my view.  Let him be and see where he's at in May.

Welcome. Glad he's doing well for you. I think he should stay with you while the going is good. It is difficult to find the right fit for loanees, and, like Archer at Boro, when you get the right setup, that's when you see players develop best.

I think it would be a big mistake to uproot him mid season. This is already his 5th loan and the one he seems to be most consistent he has played and has become popular with the fans. He has nearly scored more for Stockport than his other 4 clubs combined

Let him stay there, try get 20 league goals and maybe get him a Championship loan next summer

• Like 1

I'd say, as a biased Stockport fan, that it's better for Louie to stay at Stockport for the season, starting the vast majority of games than it would be being a squad player at a higher level :D

• Like 4

Â