Pre-match thread

Ouchmefoot

Could we take a leaf out of Peps book and go into this without a recognised striker? Granted it’s almost certainly too late to go with it now, guess we have to hope that Kodjia raises his game for the night. 

........................Nyland.......................

.......Konsa......Mings......Hause........

Guilbert....................................Taylor

..........Luiz....Nakamba....Grealish......

.........................Kodjia..........................

No way I’m putting Targett in against Ricardo, his hamstring will go again or he’ll get a headache, I’m content to go with a bit more defensive solidity in Taylor with orders to defend his half as 1st priority. If we can keep compact and tight we could frustrate them. We’re massive underdogs for this, you can get 12-1 on a Villa win, almost 5-1 for the draw. If we can avoid bad luck then theres a chance for us, all the pressure tonight is on Leicester to win. The more we can frustrate the more the pressure grows. UTV

7 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Could we take a leaf out of Peps book and go into this without a recognised striker? Granted it’s almost certainly too late to go with it now, guess we have to hope that Kodjia raises his game for the night. 

........................Nyland.......................

.......Konsa......Mings......Hause........

Guilbert....................................Taylor

..........Luiz....Nakamba....Grealish......

.........................Kodjia..........................

No way I’m putting Targett in against Ricardo, his hamstring will go again or he’ll get a headache, I’m content to go with a bit more defensive solidity in Taylor with orders to defend his half as 1st priority. If we can keep compact and tight we could frustrate them. We’re massive underdogs for this, you can get 12-1 on a Villa win, almost 5-1 for the draw. If we can avoid bad luck then theres a chance for us, all the pressure tonight is on Leicester to win. The more we can frustrate the more the pressure grows. UTV

We're down to ten men straight away?! I know the refereeing is a bit shoddy but come on

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wedge said:

Nyland

Konsa  Mings  Hause

Guilbert                                           Targett

Luiz   Nakamba  Grealish

Trezeguet

Kodjia

With Trezeguet tracking back to cover Jack.

Unfortunately can't see anything other than a loss tonight, best we can hope for is we're still in the tie and hope a raucous Holte End can suck a few goals in during the second leg. Unless the Jon Kodjia of his first season for us in the Championship turns up I'm not too confident about our ability to score goals. 

Don't play a high line ffs!!!!!!

I wouldn't play Targett, he is the worst left back I have ever seen in my life. Turns like an oil tanker and has all the pace of an asthmatic ant with a bag of heavy shopping

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

rogers has already been on central news talking about the final. Representative for Wellingborough! bet they've already booked their hotel.

no team talk required

I mean, if I were them, I would have. We're going to be fielding a weaker side than the one they battered 5-0. And it's over two legs.

The chances of us being in the final are statistically insignificant.

I'm doing my best to get up a bit of positivity for this one, but I'm struggling - we're out of form and out of sorts, desperately trying to strengthen and very much weakened by injury - they're one of the league's best sides, at home and alway motivated to play us as they seem to think we're some sort of rival. It shows all the signs of a difficult night where we might well have our arses handed to us on a plate.

At the moment, I'm leaning to a 4-0 defeat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m thinking a 3-1 loss today, with us wining the home leg 2-0. Extra time then pens with Nyland doing a Bosnich to see us through. YHIHF. 

Oh imagine the scenes. If that happens I’ll personally pleasure Nyland with my Ørgan! 

• Haha 1