Pre-match thread

Ouchmefoot

Before today's game I said (3-4-3);

Nyland, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Guilbert, Luiz, Nakamba, Targett, Trezeguet, Davis (if fit), Grealish.

Nakamba was so poor today that I want to leave him out, but then again so was Henri and Conor so who knows... 

All I know is we're gonna have to show a lot more fight and passion (& ability) than today to have any chance. 

Most pointless semi final i can ever remember with the state of our team. Obvious hammering incoming just hope we somehow retain a little respectability from it. We did our job in knocking the scousers out last round so am genuinely not bothered about it at all.

We go for it of course but make no mistake we are huge underdogs on current squad form and abilities. 

We need to play 3 at the back and keep it tight. We got slaughtered at villa park against them so hopefully Dean has learned from that. Having some news about prospective signings could be a useful boost.

14 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Most pointless semi final i can ever remember with the state of our team. Obvious hammering incoming just hope we somehow retain a little respectability from it. We did our job in knocking the scousers out last round so am genuinely not bothered about it at all.

Why not follow another team or do you just enjoy being negative? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Don't think it matters who we put out, Leicester will annihilate us over 2 legs. Could easily get to double figures over the 2 games

That’s the spirit why do you bother coming on here there must be team somewhere else that you like more ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, smg said:

Why not follow another team or do you just enjoy being negative? 

It's called an opinion, nothing negative about it just a realistic point of view. Coming on a chat site and repeatedly attacking other posters for their opinions could also be deemed as a very negative & detrimental action to the Villa talk chat site & is actually i believe against site rules.

As for my view on the semi final, which as it happens in my opinion is very likely to happen given the current state of the team i have supported for over 40 years, i am fine with it. I do expect us to lose yes but that is just realistic thinking not negative thinking. Your posts above are actually the negative action here.. or do you not see that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smg said:

That’s the spirit why do you bother coming on here there must be team somewhere else that you like more ?

They are by far one of the best teams in the country. They beat us 4-1 at home less than a month ago when we did actually have a strong lineup out Including McGinn & heaton who will both miss the semis & since then we have conceded 3 to both Watford & Southampton. They managed 23 shots that day and but for several blocks, saves & some unusually poor finishing from them they could have easily scored 7+ and that doesn't even account for them completely taking their foot off the gas 5 minutes into the second half. I am quite confident that if they really wanted to and went for it for the full 90 minutes they could stick 10 past us & most of the other teams in the league.  

On 04/01/2020 at 10:32, Elton said:

We will 100% go full strength and so will Leicester given their selection for the their FA cup game today too.

Brendan Rodgers has stated  quite often that he intends to compete for the cups so I expect Leicester's best team available to play. 

47 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

can win this over 2 legs. is it televised?

Sky Sports are picking it up plus DAZN have it so probably tons of streams

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Nyland

Konsa - Mings - Hause

Guilbert                                      Targett 

Luiz - Nakamba

Grealish                  El Ghazi

Kodjia

Swap El Ghazi and Grealish and you’re on to a winner