Match Thread: FAC3 Fulham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, jim said:

I’m not saying that but he should have set us up a hell of a lot better ago at a second rate Fulham team.

Which players would you have taken out then? Personally I don’t think this is our highest priority so it makes sense to play our ‘worst’ side in this one and save the better players for the league and league cup. 

Pundit we look low key and lethargic, About right.

However If it was a toss up between survival and cup win I'd say survival any day. My concern is if this is us now, were really in trouble for surviving the premier because we do not look like we want to play football at all.

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

No, play a system that suits our B team. Play to the player's strengths and motivate them to win a **** football match.. you know, their job?

Bang on here chap. Poor from Smith again. We should be going out to win football matches, get the confidence up.

• Like 2

That cross from the young kid, how did Nyland not get to that? He dived flat without stretching out his arms to gather it. That was poor 'keeping! 

Also, they bring a kid on and he immediately has an impact. Ours have hardly touched the ball. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Which players would you have taken out then? Personally I don’t think this is our highest priority so it makes sense to play our ‘worst’ side in this one and save the better players for the league and league cup. 

I didn’t mention the players. He should have set the team up to play to the strengths of the 11 he fielded not persist with the 4-3-3 Shite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So we should run our first teamers into the ground in order to win a cup game? I don't really get what Smith is supposed to do. He simply has to rest players but that obviously means fielding a side of this quality, which is not as good as Fulham.

build a team who can defend better as well as attack.....starting in this window.