Match Thread: FAC3 Fulham v Villa

limpid

Just now, Farlz said:

Why would anybody care about this? 

I care about winning football matches. So should the manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Does it really matter? The last thing we need this season is more cup games. Our squad is of poor quality, Smith really had to make wholesale changes, clearly this starting 11 is Championship quality and not top 5 Championship quality.

Yes. Expect more performances like the ones against Southampton and Watford if he persists with this system.

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

I care about winning football matches. So should the manager. 

So we should run our first teamers into the ground in order to win a cup game? I don't really get what Smith is supposed to do. He simply has to rest players but that obviously means fielding a side of this quality, which is not as good as Fulham.

• Like 2

Just now, LondonLax said:

So he should have played the first team? That’s reckless. 

I’m not saying that but he should have set us up a hell of a lot better ago at a second rate Fulham team.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Last game, 2 season ending injuries....this game two wonder goals that would’ve only scored once in fifty shots but happened twice in this game.  We should’ve closed down better but still great goals.

We don't do "closed down" not very often anyway....its too much like hard work.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

So we should run our first teamers into the ground in order to win a cup game? I don't really get what Smith is supposed to do. He simply has to rest players but that obviously means fielding a side of this quality, which is not as good as Fulham.

No, play a system that suits our B team. Play to the player's strengths and motivate them to win a **** football match.. you know, their job?

• Like 1