zab6359

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Hopefully we see this team

----------------------Heaton----------------

Elmo------Konsa-----Mings-----Targett

--------------------Nakamba--------------------

---------------McGinn--Luiz--------------------

Trezeguet-----Wesley-------------Jack

Our record tells us that we don't tend to lose with Hourihane in the team .... So why leave him out this evening?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Our record tells us that we don't tend to lose with Hourihane in the team .... So why leave him out this evening?

That record is mainly because he is selected against weaker opponents. We were winning against Liverpool and subbed him on and lost. Not sure we can seriously equate good results with Hourihane playing. 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2019 at 12:22, zab6359 said:

My 15 yr old jack russell has more pace than Jota, wide players need pace Jota runs like a slug, he is not a PL player Trez for all his faults can hold his own in the PL, not saying he's a sensation but miles ahead of Jota as a winger. I think Jota would be better as a CM.

Let's not forget that Jota has been playing with a hernia for the last 18 months, so he might actually be faster than whenever we've seen him.

One trap some people constantly seem to fall into, is not trusting Dean Smith's judgement. I remember when people questioned the Nakamba signing, saying that £10-12m was too much for a back-up, and 'how good can he actually be if he's not getting into the team?', then 4 weeks later and he's the best thing since sliced bread and looks as good, if not better, than the unofficial Man City loanee Douglas Luiz.

If Jota starts or plays a part, let's give him some time, and assume that Smith must have seen something in him, and isn't just throwing him in for no reason.

• Like 4

Think we can get something tonight, this Chelsea side a very hit and miss. 

It's showing on amazon prime tonight and if you've not got it they do a 30 day free trial so you'll also get the boxing day fixtures to watch as well. Just remember to cancel it before the 30 days! 

3 hours ago, Elton said:

Well Smith said Jota is pushing for a start and he also clearly rates Lansbury. I’m not saying that’s my preference but with 7 matches in the next 24 days. If he’s ever going to rotate in the PL and include a surprise selection this could be the week does it, 3 days after playing away at Man U. 

That's called good man management let people hear what they want to hear. As for Lansbury (who I do rate technically) he'll spend more time injured than on the pitch unfortunately.

On 02/12/2019 at 09:20, It's Your Round said:

I’ve read somewhere that Tammy will have recovered from his hip injury, so expected to play. It’s another tough game, but the fact Deano has beaten Lampard 3 times head to head gives me a little hope. 

This is live on Amazon Prime, so at least I can watch it properly. 

Just tell McGinn which hip it is and have him shove his massive arse into it, Tactics 😎!

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Let's not forget that Jota has been playing with a hernia for the last 18 months, so he might actually be faster than whenever we've seen him.

One trap some people constantly seem to fall into, is not trusting Dean Smith's judgement. I remember when people questioned the Nakamba signing, saying that £10-12m was too much for a back-up, and 'how good can he actually be if he's not getting into the team?', then 4 weeks later and he's the best thing since sliced bread and looks as good, if not better, than the unofficial Man City loanee Douglas Luiz.

If Jota starts or plays a part, let's give him some time, and assume that Smith must have seen something in him, and isn't just throwing him in for no reason.

I really think Jota is a player DS likes (and I can see why) but he was a 'maybe he can cut it in this league' signing and he is not going to ever sorry. 

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Think we can get something tonight, this Chelsea side a very hit and miss. 

It's showing on amazon prime tonight and if you've not got it they do a 30 day free trial so you'll also get the boxing day fixtures to watch as well. Just remember to cancel it before the 30 days! 

I, too, think we can get something tonight, but the bookies seem to think otherwise. 9/1 odds for us to win at most bookies! 😮

As good as I think Konsa has been I think Engels should come back in for this one. Guys been a rock all season and I think Mings plays better beside him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see McGinn rested and Nakamba bought in 

I think we should start the same as against Man Utd other than the two forced changes:

Heaton

Elmo     Konsa     Mings    Targett   

McGinn      Luiz      Hourihane 

Trez           Wesley       Grealish

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we should start the same as against Man Utd other than the two forced changes:

Heaton

Elmo     Konsa     Mings    Targett   

McGinn      Luiz      Hourihane 

Trez           Wesley       Grealish

Dreading seeing Hourihane come up in midfield against Kante. I'd bring in Marv for this game, doesn't matter for who tbh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

What I gather is we can win anyone on a good day.

Unfortunately we can also lose to anyone on another day.

And we can definitely lose to Chelsea away.

Somehow I'm still hopeful.

Yep, we’ve definitely got a chance. I’m predicting we’ll either win, or lose. Unless we draw that is. 

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I, too, think we can get something tonight, but the bookies seem to think otherwise. 9/1 odds for us to win at most bookies! 😮

Good odds those to be fair.

Chelsea have given us some right spankings over the years, 7-1 8-0 and a few 4-0 would be lovely to beat them

I do wonder wether Deano will try a three at the back with Targett and Elmo as wing backs. I think it could work well for us and enable both Mings and Konsa to join in the attacks whilst helping to provide a bit more solidity at set pieces (which is a recurring weakness)