Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 15 of 38)

zab6359

48 minutes ago, rubberman said:

No idea which way this will go.  Feel a bit confident and a bit worried.

The matches we expect to lose are a bonus to me. I expect nothing and my only wish is to avoid being hammered so it's  a win/win.

Tammy still injured? 

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

Jack's on an upward curve, to become the player we all thought he would be - he'll have a big influence on this game.

He is already a much better player than I thought he would be......He is a credit to himself, for staying with it ( his development)

I actually think he is still getting better.

On 03/12/2019 at 12:19, imavillan said:

Click here for variety of stats, head to head etc

• Chelsea entertain Aston Villa after suffering back to back Premier League (PL) defeats for the first time this season, consigning a recent run of six league wins to history. Despite that decent league run, the ‘Blues’ have kept just one cleansheet in their previous eight competitive fixtures, while conceding 2+ goals in five of those matches.
  • Despite this, Frank Lampard’s men can counteract such defensive shortcomings with a strong attack that currently averages 2.0 goals per-PL game. They have also found the net first in a majority of their matches too, registering the opening goal in 78.57% of their PL fixtures so far.
  • Aston Villa’s form over their previous eight PL matches is best described as erratic (W3, D2, L3). Their attack has proven consistent though, netting 2+ goals in five of the fixtures. However, they also conceded 2+ goals in five of these matches too.
  • The visitors will certainly be eager to improve on their recent H2H PL record against Chelsea, after losing each of the previous four meetings. Three of those four defeats came by a margin of 2+ goals, with Villa also conceding an average of 2.75 goals per-match across the last four H2Hs.
  • Players to watch: Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic has six goals in his last eight competitive appearances, with four of those efforts coming after half-time.
  • Following his wonder strike at Old Trafford on Sunday, Villa’s Jack Grealish has scored four goals in his last seven appearances.
  • Stat attack: At home, 66.67% of Chelsea’s PL goals scored or conceded have come in the second half.
  • Over three-quarters (78.57%) of Villa’s PL matches have contained over 2.5 match goals.
  • Aston Villa have conceded 40.9% of their league goals after the 75th minute.

The last five games at Stamford Bridge 

17.10.15    PL    Chelsea    Aston Villa    2 : 0
27.09.14    PL    Chelsea    Aston Villa    3 : 0
21.08.13    PL    Chelsea    Aston Villa    2 : 1
23.12.12    PL    Chelsea    Aston Villa    8 : 0
31.12.11    PL    Chelsea    Aston Villa    1 : 3

I'll take a point all day long.

I remember the 8-0 we was very unlucky......Var would have saved us.

😀

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Put Kodjia in. Worth a punt. He can be a handful when he's in the mood. Wesley needs stepping down for a few games.

Not against this lot, we need an out ball and Wes has shown he can hold it up better than Kodija. Home game against someone we're going to throw the kitchen sink at then maybe, away against Chelsea not so much.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

EK9nTwBXYAoxW-J?format=jpg&name=large

Tammy back for Chelsea that's really not good. Now I'm worried. 

That's a very good side, Kante is different class when he's on it. Tammy will be right on it you'd think, to say nothing of willian, azpilicueta....