Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 15 of 38)

zab6359

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That's a very good side, Kante is different class when he's on it. Tammy will be right on it you'd think, to say nothing of willian, azpilicueta....

True,  but these days we have a couple of players that would get into their team IMO.  We ain't no laughing stock anymore. 

I at least feel we have a chance these days.  Give some of our players too much space and we can hurt you as Manure found out. 

Enjoy it everyone if you can 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone watching the build up on Amazon? 

Lady reporter giving pre match view and said we’ve had lots of success against the top/big 6 this season........great research there.

Maybe not in terms of results, but we've been competitive in all of them bar maybe City.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So Engels is 3rd choice CB now?

I think he’s still second choice, but Konsa has done well enough not to be dropped for no reason. It sends the right message; perform well in the team, take your chance when given it and the place is yours to lose. It is a shame for Engels though as he’s a great player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So Engels is 3rd choice CB now?

I'd say he'll come back in again at the start of the run of easier games around Christmas. Where he has options for positions Smith seems to let players have a few games at a time rather than subbing someone in for just one game. I reckon Elmo will be in for a few games now. Ferguson used to do that - he said it was easier to drop players when he could tell them he needed them fresh for a specific run of games a few weeks down the line.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He was injured previously, Konsa came in and did well.

Do you watch our games or nah?

Jack (and maybe Heaton) is the only player in our squad who comes back in straight away after injury or suspension. Everyone else has to force their way back if their replacement is playing well.

Why has Abraham been elevated to Messi levels ?. Yes he’s good but Mings trained against him for a season and if he’s as good as he is supposed to be reading comments now here then he should be able to deal with Abraham tonight .