Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 15 of 38)

zab6359

When we played Derby last season, Smith outthought Lampard throughout. Obviously Chelsea have better players than Derby did but I’m thinking Smith could still out do him. I go into it in confidence, just a shame Guilbert is missing  as his overlapping play is so effective 

will be tough, they've had a disappointing home defeat already and an extra day off, if we get something from this, I'll be impressed, and I believe it is possible, but I just feel this will be a loss this time. 2-1 Chelsea. 

I’ve read somewhere that Tammy will have recovered from his hip injury, so expected to play. It’s another tough game, but the fact Deano has beaten Lampard 3 times head to head gives me a little hope. 

This is live on Amazon Prime, so at least I can watch it properly. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would anyone be against Jack playing as a number 8 on Wednesday? I'd prefer using Trez on the left side, his best position.

Is El Ghazi going to be fit until then?

If not who should we play on the right?

We have a great chance in this game.  I assume Lampard’s losing record to us as a manager will be all over Sky etc, like the other irrelevant stat that Grealish hadn’t won a PL game in a hundred years that they wouldn't shut up about at the start of the season. 

0-2 Villa. Clean sheet away from home overdue.

33 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

God no! Jack left Trez right! Nakamba back as DM Luiz left of him McGinn right, and Elmo in for Guilbert.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think Jota is anywhere near this level personally - too slow and too weak and far too one footed. I'd select exactly the midfield you selected, though Hourihane or Luiz you could go with either. 

Guilbert missing will be tough for us but Elmo should hopefully do a solid, if unspectacular, job. 

• Like 1