Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 15 of 38)

zab6359

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Can't see them losing 3 in a row! Hope I am wrong.

It's not just that.

Spurs are only 6 pts behind them now so the pressure is building on Chelsea now.

Mount is not on form and without Tammy they are struggling in front of goal, also their record at the Bridge under Lampard is poor.

I think it's a great time to play them.

Hopefully we see this team

----------------------Heaton----------------

Elmo------Konsa-----Mings-----Targett

--------------------Nakamba--------------------

---------------McGinn--Luiz--------------------

Trezeguet-----Wesley-------------Jack

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's not just that.

Spurs are only 6 pts behind them now so the pressure is building on Chelsea now.

Mount is not on form and without Tammy they are struggling in front of goal, also their record at the Bridge under Lampard is poor.

I think it's a great time to play them.

Maybe, I watched them play West Ham last night and they really weren't that good. 

Not confident about this one: and for reasons that are entirely separate to our own form.

I, too, am scarred by our previous capitulations at Stanford Bridge. And I think they will be really up for this following their last two games. Also worried about Tammy.

Basically, being a villa fan means I am a wreck before the game has even began. I’m going for 2-1 to Chelsea: Tammy and Hudson Odoi to score for them; Trez bundling home a consolation for us.

• Like 1

chelsea rarely drops points 3 games in a row never mind lose 3 games in a row. I hope we can keep up with them and don't get another tonking like 6-0 or something like that. 3-2 loss. :(

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

If we are starting Lansbury and Jota at any point we are in the shite!

I think he will stick with Konsa but can see Marvelous getting a start. 

Well Smith said Jota is pushing for a start and he also clearly rates Lansbury. I’m not saying that’s my preference but with 7 matches in the next 24 days. If he’s ever going to rotate in the PL and include a surprise selection this could be the week does it, 3 days after playing away at Man U. 

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

chelsea losing 3 in a row seems very unlikely, given that they were until the defeat last week, playing very good football. 

Elmo in for Guilbert - enforced, Nakamba in for Luiz or even McGinn. 

I'm sure West Ham fans were saying its unlikely Chelsea will lose back to back games given their great start to the season.

We're just too used to being Villa fans. Haha. We dont like playing teams doing well because..... and we dont like playing teams doing badly because.....

37 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I feel this game all depends on if Tammy starts. They've lost the last two games since he has been out injured. If he is back it lifts the team and makes our game harder. 

0-2 Villa Tammy out. 

2-1 Chelsea Tammy fit. 

I posted something similar yesterday and agree. Tammy clearly makes a big difference.

What ever the result tonight, I would not be surprised. 

I think we can win, I expect us to lose and I would be happy with a point -

Bloody afternoon shift again. I always seem to be on this shift when we have a midweek game and especially if its on the box

52 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I feel this game all depends on if Tammy starts. They've lost the last two games since he has been out injured. If he is back it lifts the team and makes our game harder. 

0-2 Villa Tammy out. 

2-1 Chelsea Tammy fit. 

I agree, not necessarily with the score predictions but on the importance of Tammy being in or out.

If he does play and score what do we think, will he celebrate? I think not, only this week was he liking Villa content on social media.

I'm still gutted we weren't able to sign him in the summer.

Yeah, hopefully Tammy is out for them - without him they look a lot less threatening. It sounds like it will be touch and go whether he plays as apparently the pain has not yet gone away, so could be a good sign for us. Mount's not scoring at the moment, their other midfielders don't score too many either but Pulisic is dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him up front actually if Abrahams doesn't make it. They've had an extra day's rest which is annoying but we were used to this type of schedule last season. 

I'd bring Engels in for Konsa tonight, Elmo for Guilbert (enforced), Trez for El Ghazi (injured), and Nakamba for Hourihane. So like this:

.............................Heaton..................................

Elmo...........Engels...........Mings...........Targett

............................Nakamba..............................

.....................McGinn............Luiz.....................

Trez.....................................................Grealish

..................................Wes................................

Hope we can pull off another positive result tonight, would be nice to beat one of these teams for a change but would certainly take a point. Wes and McGinn scoring would be nice, both out of form currently. I've put McGinn on my FF bench tonight so hope that's a good tactic for him to score!

UTV

Edited by VillaFaninLondon