Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Wesley's lack of movement and ability to make good runs in behind is worrying.

You are being unnecessarily negative. Wesley has been great dominating their defenders has been coming deep and linking play up well. He hasn't made runs in behind because we haven't really been in the position to do it too much except for el ghazi and grealish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, New_Hope said:

What a little terd but that is hilarious!

That's so God damn funny, looks like the cardboard cut out fan got to take a sideways throw

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I think he's done alright, the key thing is we got runners beyond him.  

I thought that was the best half I've seen from Wesley in quite a while, granted he hasn't had any chances but he's at least been involved a bit more than usual

• Like 2

Just now, MotoMkali said:

You are being unnecessarily negative. Wesley has been great dominating their defenders has been coming deep and linking play up well. He hasn't made runs in behind because we haven't really been in the position to do it too much except for el ghazi and grealish.

He hasn't dominated anything. He has done well outside of the box but is a limiting factor in it, needs to do more.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

El ghazi looks like our most dangerous player from open play. Wesley is dropping deep and dominating the defenders with his strength. Grealish makes everything so much easier for everyone else. Mings and mcginn seemed shaky. Ref has been crap but I'm biased.

Hourihane given us what we miss with his cracking set pieces. 

Yes Wesley is using strength today, what is this sorcery I need to know the spell of strength.

Just now, leemond2008 said:

I thought that was the best half I've seen from Wesley in quite a while, granted he hasn't had any chances but he's at least been involved a bit more than usual

Definitely.  He struggles when he gets isolated, he's not quite good enough to do that role on his own yet but in games like today it shows his strengths.  Just hope he gets a goal.