The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Britain’s about to get a whole lot more racist.

Why, Labour lost? 

The £ looks like it’s been launched from Cape Canaveral. Investor fear of Brexit..? It’s almost like we’ve been spoon-fed cobblers for 3 yrs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

The exit polls look rather a lot like the referendum by constituency results. To the best estimate they were 406 leave 242 remain. 40 or so difference but not much in it

Yup, turns out that on the whole the the UK in 2019 is just as morally repugnant as it was in 2016.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Why, Labour lost? 

The £ looks like it’s been launched from Cape Canaveral. Investor fear of Brexit..? It’s almost like we’ve been spoon-fed cobblers for 3 yrs. 

Yep, meteoric. 

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It just highlights how awful Theresa May was last time round.  Practically an open goal and she was Ronny Rosenthal.  

Corbyn has scored more own goals than Frank Sinclair over the past four years, an utterly pathetic a risible individual.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Why, Labour lost? 

Think I will be getting some dollars in the next day or two for my next trip to the states. Kicking around 1.20 for months but will be 1.40+ again. Oh for the days of 10+ years ago when you could get $2 for a quid

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Alan Johnson hasn't held back and has placed the blame firmly at the Labour leaderships door.

As I said yesterday in the Labour thread those of us who are anti Tory can bitch and moan and point the finger at Tory voters and the biased right wing media but bottom line is that Labour didn't appeal to enough voters, and a lot of of that was down to Corbyn, so much of the blame for this has to be put on them.

It goes deeper than that though - momentum have a grip on labour - I don't see that grip loosening anytime soon

It will surprise me if the next labour leader isn't momentum endorsed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

But who the **** thinks that when looking at Corbyn and making all these comments about him then looks at Jihnson and thinks, 'yep, that's my man'. Every criticism levelled at Corbyn can literally be expanded tenfold when levelled at Johnson not to mention everything else you can chuck at him. Bonkers.

I get that and I don't think anyone with a reasonably balanced view would argue with that. They are both hugely unpopular. Johnson though had a clear Brexit policy and made this pretty much about that single policy and it has overshadowed everything else. Personally I don't think it should have done but it did.

The Tories were pretty much the Brexit party and that combined with a leader whilst unpopular was less unpopular than his opponent has given us this result.

In fairness though even without Brexit I think Labour would have lost any election under Corbyns leadership as it is now clear he is that unpopular. The best we were all hoping for was a hung parliament and that in itself is a damning indictment on the Labour leadership given what has happened in the last 9 years.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Exit suggest Johnson has held on 

Swinson 95% chance of being toast

Revoke - my leadership/seat/political future. 

She’ll be eating camel nads in the jungle next year.